• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using the MHL cable on a PC Monitor

MahyarTpour

Lurker
Nov 24, 2014
Hi , Im willing to buy a FULL-HD-1080p Monitor in this week but im not sure about something ;

CAN I use an MHL cable on ANY Monitor with an HDMI port ? I want t connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 to the Monitor.

I was reading the specifications of the monitor called "ASUS VX239H" , it had this "MHL x2" written in its specifications which means ANY mobile phone can be connected to it , but I want to buy the "ASUS VN247H" monitor while its specifications don't include this "MHL x2" , its only written "HDMI x2" which means it has 2 HDMI ports.

So now I don't know if I should buy a "ASUS VN247H" or not.

Does anyone over here have an experience in this field ? Is an HDMI port all I need for a MHL cable or should the Monitor it self have some MHL x2 features ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones