• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using the optical trackpad button to wake the phone

Just downloaded LockBot. I'm actually liking it. I thought I read somewhere on one of these posts that you can change the settings around so that only one button takes you to the unlock screen though? I can't seem to find that setting, if it actually exists. I don't like that Vol Up, Vol Down, Power and Trackpad all turn the screen on. Anybody know of a way to disable some of these buttons from bringing the screen back?

Upvote 0
So I tried myLock. WTH am I doing wrong, I can't get the app to wake on Trackpad push.

I have myLock is enabled checked. But when I have that checked, I can't choose the Mode Select. I have to uncheck it, change the Mode, then check it again. Stupid.

On Advanced Mode, it wakes on Trackpad, but has this dumb semi-transparent overlay screen that tells me to hit any touch key, which is overkill.

Might go back to NoLock if I can't figure it out.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded "no lock" and it seems to work pretty good. After your phone goes to sleep just hold down optical pad for a second and your phone screen comes on. It works good for me.
Was buggy for me, and I didn't want it to wake my phone through the volume rockers.

Can a dev please make the Incredible community happy and make an app that will ONLY wake the phone through either power button or optical trackpad?:D (I think alot of us are even willing to pay if necessary)

Reactions: izzy35 and adi
Upvote 0
Since there are several other programs that do what we want BUT ALSO much more than we want, it just can't be too hard to create an app that will do just what we want...ONLY wake the Inc. with the optical BUT only do that and ONLY do it with the optical - not with any other buttons...am always hitting volume control by mistake...Like someone else said, I'll pay for this much faster than some of these fully loaded versions, which I have finally uninstalled. PLEASE!

Upvote 0
It just can't be that hard to create such a simple app. I have even emailed the developer of some of the existing apps mentioned above thinking since they had already created apps that are more than so many of us want, they should be able to scale back and make the simple one that we want. One dev said he answered ALL emails but I have yet to see any replies. Lets try to keep this thread alive so hopefully some dev will jump on this.

Upvote 0
I emailed the NoLock developer and he indicated that the phone doesn't allow for seperate control of the track pad and the volume controls. It sounded like an all or nothing feature (at least unrooted).

I have to agree with a previous poster I tried MyLock and went back to NoLock. Neither are perfect but the minimalistic approach of NoLock worked best for me.

Upvote 0
Screen mode widget lite does what you are looking for. It has 3 modes when you hit the widget, (slide lock activated, no slide lock, and screen always on). When in no slide lock or screen always on mode, when screen is off you can hit the trackpad and the screen comes on and is unlocked with no slider.

I know somebody will ask why would the screen be off if it was set to always on, so that is if you want to manually turn screen off with power button instead of it timing out all the time and you still retain trackpad wake up.

Reactions: Jakaro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones