• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Using the stock keyboard on a custom ROM?

MacFett

Android Expert
Mar 28, 2011
Sietch Tabr
I have since I got my transformer been running a custom ICS rom but now that I have my nexus 4 I've been wanting to get jerky bean onto my transformer. So I've been running cm. However I hate the layout of the jb tablet keyboard and would like to go back to the Asus keyboard. But when I flash it or manually install it I get lots of force closes on it to the point the tablet becomes unusable.

Anyone know a jb keyboard that doesn't mix the keys all around? Or have an idea how to get the stock to work on jb?

have you looked at the way the swiftkey tablet keyboard looks? It has a stock-like theme option. I don't know if it provides the layout you are looking for though.

EDIT: I realized you wanted your new one to be like the asus one. In which case, swiftkey has some theme options, and one may look like the Asus theme, if the layout is acceptable to you. I think you can preview it on the play store page for the tablet keyboard, and there may be a free demo version as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones