Using the Trackball to easily rollover and select links

Last Updated:

1. abourne

abourne Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A common complaint with the HTC Hero is that it's hard to click small links with your finger or some links near the edge of the screen.

However, the trackball is the solution to rollover links quickly, just click on the trackball to select/click that link.

Advertisement
  2. darthrsg

darthrsg Member

Coming from a Blackberry, and being being seduced by the touchscreen, I forgot to even use the ball. Once my brain started working again, I used the tools given to me and, yes, it works a treat.

3. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

trouble w/ the trackball is if you don't push it straight down it diverts to a nearby link

yes, i use it - but there's some room for improvement too

4. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

At first i thought the trackball would be useless on touchscreen but i find myself using it alot more than i thought.

5. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

The trackball is also great when editing text. If you discover a mistake three words ago, just scroll back with the trackball instead of trying to use your finger.

jd

6. Godfather13

Godfather13 Well-Known Member

Geez, something so simple and I never thought of it. Ive been using my finger to try and go back and correct a word like on the Instinct. Never thought to use the trackball. Awesome.

thanks.

7. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I just had this conversation IRL with someone today. Without a stylus, the tackball is a must. I like the way it works...

8. cswee10582

cswee10582 Well-Known Member

i love the trackball as well! When I switched from my omnia to the Pre, I missed being able to scroll over a link with the optical pad. Once I swapped the Pre out for the Hero, I couldn't wait to use the trackball again! Woo Hoo! There is some room for improvement as some have mentioned, but overall it is VERY usable!

Chris

9. abourne

abourne Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Likewise, I was still in iPod Touch mode. Of course, they sometimes have the magnifying glass to position the cursur.

There are many useful attributes of the trackball.

When in doubt, trackball it.