• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Using Titanium Backup to restore backed up text messages

beowulf7

Android Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2011
TX
www.beowulf7.com
I backed up my apps and data on my rooted D3 via Titanium Backup Pro. I want to transfer them over to my rooted S4. I tried a few of the files and copied them to the SCH-I545\Phone\TitaniumBackup folder. The files start with com. They seem to restore just fine when I select apps and data. So that's great.

Now the question I have is I want to transfer my text messages (both SMS and MMS) over. I backed them up and they appear as file "com.keramidas.virtual.XML_MESSAGES-20130731-031747.xml.gz" and com.keramidas.virtual.XML_MESSAGES-20130731-031747.properties. Since I'm going from a D3 to S4, will the S4 be smart enough to restore these texts so that they appear with the Android 4.2.2 text messaging app? TIA.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones