Using TOO much RAMSupport

1. ptmarzullo

ptmarzullo Well-Known Member

My WARP is running on about only 25% free RAM. I am no ANDROID expert yet, but getting there. I can use my task manager to see what is running in the backround. Is there a way to shut down processes. Task Killers will, but truly are just a waste because your OS will just restart all the services you shut down.

Is there a way like in Windows MSCONFIG where you can on ANDROID/LINUX shut down un-needed background running services? OR, do I just have to uninstall some apps...that I AM using but unfortunately run in the background constantly.

Hey, these forums are great. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Another thought, are the rest of you out there running on about 25% FREE RAM ? :shot:

Advertisement
  2. xBabyfaceKingx

xBabyfaceKingx Well-Known Member

Actually its ok for that much ram to be used. As long as all of its not used your fine. Its not really using any resources except ram memory so its not really affecting performance or battery life. The more you try to kill those apps they will just reopen on its own and that will eat more of your battery.

I have about 55% free ram but then again I barely do anything on my phone anymore but make calls and text and maybe a little browsing.
  3. limited

limited Well-Known Member

If you're rooted you can uninstall the stock apps or freeze them with a program like titanium backup. That will stop them from running. It's better to freeze apps incase something breaks you can unfreeze it.
  4. aaanadie

aaanadie Well-Known Member

+1 for Autokiller Memory Omptimizer.
    I am using it 2 weeks ago and got excellent results with Optimum preset.
    This is not a normal Task Killer" app, it's better. I wouldn't recommend task killers.
  5. dirtyredz

dirtyredz Well-Known Member

What minifree settings do you suggest for it? I'm currently running on the "strict" preset
  6. ptmarzullo

I am not rooted and will not root anytime soon. Just a personal choice on this phone. Trying to keep it stock beside custom themes, icons, etc... using alot of GO Laucher apps.

P.S. I just caught your location: In you mom :).....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! I literally busted our laughing. That was freaking classic. :D

Oh yeah...lol, autokiller memory opt. is mainly for rooted phones, however it will work on unrooted on a limited a basis. None the less, I did try it and for one reason or another, probably because I am not rooted ????, I was having freezes like crazy and my battery was dying like crazy. I set back to default values, uninstalled and my Warp seems to be running at Warp speed again ! :) I do use memory booster which was named in the top 10 Android apps by a few good sources, eg., appbrain, etc...
  7. ptmarzullo

Just curious, is minifree an app? or a setting on automemory killer... If so, I can not find it on Google Play.