Using Windows Media Player 12 to sync playlists to S3 stock music playerTips

Last Updated:

1. mcdill

mcdill Member

Hi all, I have just discovered an interesting quirk on my S3 when synching a WMP12 playlist to the external SDHC.

When I first sync a WMP12 playlist to a freshly formatted SDHC, the music files and the associated playlist gets transferred perfectly from the PC to the external SDHC. The playlist shows up in the stock media player. I can then import the playlist to Poweramp.

However, if I then modify the playlist in WMP (e.g. by adding a new song to the playlist), the subsequent sync with the S3 does not work properly. The music file does get transferred over, but the playlist in the stock music player does not update. This is despite using SDrescan or similar apps to trigger the media store refresh.

What does the trick is that I have to umount and remount the external SDHC before re-syncing the WMP playlist to the S3. When I unmount the SDHC, the stock media player's playlist disappears. Then I can use WMP to recreate the playlist on the S3. The newly recreated playlist will contain the new songs.

Ah - music syncing on the S3. What joy.

2. zet3zumba

zet3zumba New Member

I have a samsung stratosphere, & I'm trying to sync music from my pc using wmp from my lap top. Which is where I keep ALL my music & play lists. This is very important because I need this music for work. The 1st time I was able to do this without any problem, but now everytime I use my usb port, I keep getting the msg "Process stopped unexpectedly. Try again". Its been like this 4 over 3wks. Can anybody help:(