1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

Using X10i on Rogers EdgeSupport (Browse All)

Last Updated:

1. kpms

kpms New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I purchased an Xperia X10i which isn't the correct 3G band for Rogers. No big deal however it seems that for anything such as the Market Place, Time Scape, Facebook my phone Times out and not able to do a connection. I can browse the web (slow I might add!) :) Just curious does anyone know of some internet settings that may need to be changed? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Tri3Dent

Tri3Dent Member

Unfortunately, there are no settings to set for as you already have the correct settings (you can browse but slow). This is of course because you're on EDGE. Your only option is to get the x10a if you can and sell the x10i. This would be the BEST option to get the most out of the x10.

If you want browsing to be faster, you can try to download Opera 5 Mini Beta from the Market as all sites are compressed on Opera's servers. That's the only suggestion I can give you.

3. kpms

Thanks for the suggestions! No I was more concerned about using TimeScape, and getting e-mails pushed to the phones (as most Blackberry's and older Window Mobile) phones did this without any problems. It seems that the ONLY thing I can do is browse the Web.... Sorry Wasn't all that clear in what I was saying.

4. iDanny

iDanny New Member

So there is no possible way to get this phone onto the 3G network? Ugh.. Waste of money.. :(

5. kpms

Sadly it won't work on the 3G... I read somewhere that there would be a possible ROOT you could get that would change the Radio Frequency, I am not sure how true that is - depending on hardware or software...

I know there is a difference between CDMA & GSM Technology but with different bands I am not to sure with the same provider.

6. iDanny

iDanny New Member

Hmm, maybe we shouldn't have jumped the band wagon and got the X10 soo early! LOL

But if there is a possible way... That would be better then paying another large sum of cash for the X10A version.

But you know what's weird? My phone picked up the G network? And it actually did worked super quick for the time being it was into the G network... Then failed once again, back onto the E... :(

It does change in and out from Edge to G. Hmmm? Maybe it's telling me something? :O

7. cmboud

cmboud New Member

Hi Danny,

I would actually be willing to buy the xperia from you for a good price as it would work for my network. Are you interested in selling it?

Email me plz at cmboud@gmail.com

Thank you.