1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Using your Tab as a wireles Mouse and Keyboard?

1. varxtis

varxtis Active Member

Im looking for a way to lay in bed or on the couch and use my galaxy tab as a wireless mouse and keyboard to my PC or laptop. I was looking for something that would disable wallpapers and video on the tablet only (without effecting the host computer). I have alternating wallpapers as my background, so it kind of lags the refresh rate. I would need the screen to be fully vizable through the tablet (minus the background and videos) as I would like to use while Im outside. My PC is hooked up to my receiver and speakers so I can play music while Im doin a BBQ outside or working in the yard. I play a lot of anime and so I'd like to be able to just navigate the UI of the mediaplayer open but have just a blacked screen where the video is supposed to be on the tablet. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried logmein, but the lag is pretty bad and had no specific disable features (IE video, background/wallpaper, etc...) for the tablet device. it was pretty much just Host screen on or off.
    I also looked into Wyse PocketCloud Pro. This seemed to be the best next option, but again, lacks the disable features that I'd be looking for.
    PhoneMyPC seemed to be the next option, but again, lacks the speed and disable features Im looking for.
    For the specific reason Im wanting it, the app could be restricted to Home Netowork as I would only be using it at home and does not need file transfer capabilities or anything like that. If the speed is smooth enough disable features are not absolutely necessary, but I figure playing an anime or movie on the host computer and seeing it on the tablet could only resault in lag, if not a full crash of the app.

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 Rooted

Advertisement
  2. jaypeecee

jaypeecee Well-Known Member

Hi varxtis,

Check out Splashtop 2.

JPC