V CAST media managerSupport

Last Updated:

1. Trice

Trice Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else getting a tab for Verizon's V CAST media manager popping up in your browser every time you charge your Droid X via computer? Kind of annoying; if anyone knows how to stop it I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. Guardsix

Guardsix Guest

Yes. Look at your hidden notification icons on your desktop. Should be down there on the right. Look for the "M" for Motorola. Right-click on that and you should have an option checked that launches the Verizon Media Manager page. Uncheck it and your good.

Anyone else notice that VCast Media Manager is only for 32-bit OS? Won't even load on my Win7 64-bit laptop.

3. Trice

Trice Member This Topic's Starter

Ah ha. Should have thought to look on the computer itself, duh. But I hide virtually all my icons so I didn't see the "M" anyway. Many thanks.

4. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

thanks!

5. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

I was getting it, but finally did a system restore before I installed the motorola drivers today. Windows 7 still sees the droid as another portable drive, so I'm happy now, because that killed it.

6. CWP37

CWP37 New Member

Has anyone actually used the vcast media manager? If so, how is it?

7. klawria

klawria Member

I used it the first time I connected my X to my PC...thinking it would have gotten better in 2 years since I had the LG Voyager. It has not changed much at all, still a boring utility. You can skip all of that and just use your windows explorer to copy and data back and fourth....

just my .02

zandroidx likes this.
  8. Wolfhere

Wolfhere New Member

9. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

That's what I use on my Windows 7 64 bit with no issues too. I tried using DoubleTwist and Windows Media Player but they weren't transferring my playlists over correctly. The only thing that I saw with Motorola's Media Link was that is was rather plain (not a big deal for me), and that the playlists took a while to show up on my phone. I don't know if this had to do with any indexing on the phone, software, combination of both, etc., but when I opened the media player on the phone the next day all my playlists were there.

10. echz

echz New Member

thank GOD i found this post... i was getting ready to just edit my hosts file and route that webpage somewhere, it was getting VERY annoying. Thanks!!

11. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

I've got an Incredible that just got 2.2. This stupid popup keeps happening to me. However, I don't see a little M for Motorola, since this is obviously an HTC phone and I don't even have any software syncing software installed. Any solutions?

12. Hightech

Hightech Well-Known Member

Ditto.....solution would be appreciated!

13. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

Stop Windows pop-up when connected via USB: (instructions for Incredible - guess they'd be the same for the DX?)
    Dial ##7764726
    Hit Call
    Type Password is 000000 (6 0s)
    Hit Feature Settings
    Choose CD ROM
    Click Disable
    Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)

paulmz, dcsurg and dibs ODDJOB like this.
  14. dcsurg

dcsurg New Member

The trick worked on my Incredible... that Verizon software is annoyingly intrusive.

15. JohnPriest

JohnPriest New Member

Brilliant!
    That fix worked perfectly!
    Thank you.

16. radioflyer39

radioflyer39 New Member

Thanks, kayst. This worked for me. Leaves me wondering what we would all do without forums. Without your instructions, how would any typical user have a clue how to do this?

17. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

As I say almost daily, God Bless the Internet!

18. droidiord

droidiord New Member

I agree - very annoying - thanks!

On the VCMM website, when I took the "Getting Started" option, Trend Micro BLOCKED the download site.

I'm glad it did now!!

19. Paul_A/V

Paul_A/V New Member

Unfortunately "Feature Settings" did not show up as an option on my Droid X. Any suggestions where else CD ROM would be located in this list of options?

Regards,

Paul

20. Rostan

Rostan Member

I downloaded it as the only disappointment I have with the Andoid is it has nothing that compares to Itunes to manage your media. I spent a couple hours downloaded music art and updating all my files.

Plus Side:
    It has an easy to use Auto-Correct feature that will search for and suggest missing data on your songs.

Down Side:
    After updating all my music and copying the files back into my phone (I found no features that just allow you to sync). After all that none of the changes I made using the V-Cast appeared in my phone. All the songs with unknown genres or albums had not changed. I tried this using both Power Amp my favorite music player and the stock player. With both the V-Cast changes had not been applied.

Summary:
    So unless V-Cast comes out with a music playing app that syncs with the media manager I just don't see this helping with anything. :(

21. Rostan

Rostan Member

Tried this but none of the Options were CD ROM or anything like it.