• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

v3 2.1 os NOT WORKING

dmadrid98

Lurker
May 3, 2010
I've searched many many times... I followed the instructions (wiped out my sd card) and completely reset the phone to factory settings, put the file on the sd card, Volume down + the Power key and I get the 3 skater androids but no option to install the new os.
Please help me! I have limited time online (pdanet, and am a Truck driver so NO SIGNAL a majority of the time)
:thinking:

If nothing is happening, or you don't see any progress on the blue status bar, you might need to download the file again. I had that happen to me when I downloaded directly to my phone instead of my laptop. basically you have to start over and keep trying . Also, I didn't wipe out my sd card files, only transferred the file from lap top to phone, then flashed.

Upvote 0
Does your phone at least work? If it does, wait til you get home before you start messing with it. For the times you do have signal, have a functioning phone, in case something were to go wrong.

I think the reply regarding the generic microSD card vs a good, name-brand one like SanDisk has some substance. Are you using the microSD that came with your phone? Should be a Class 2 (written very discretely on the card somewhere) SanDisk.

Upvote 0
If you're not getting the "boot" screen, you're not doing the keypress sequence properly or long enough. Even with a corrupt file or a wrong-named file, it will at least go through the sequence of looking for and checking certain files that it can boot from. THEN it will fail, of course... You're not getting that far though.

Upvote 0
The issue here is more than likely an SD card not formatted properly.
Put the SD card in your computer and backup all the stuff you want to keep.
Next, format the SD card to FAT32. Most of the default 'drop-down' options should be fine, but make sure you are on FAT32, and not just FAT.

I hope this gets you going!

Below is a list of the different boot modes for the ERIS.
(hold these buttons in until you see the menu you need)

Recovery Menu
Volume UP + PWR (tap these buttons again to continue to enter the Recovery Menu)
use volume up or down to navigate.
PWR button selects the highlighted option

Bootloader
HBOOT
Volume DOWN + PWR

FASTBOOT
SEND + PWR

Upvote 0
here is something I found out after finally diving into the 2.1 leaks (specifically v3), and driving myself a little batty at first: Even though you formatted your SD Card from your PC OS I HIGHLY recoomend you have the phone format the card afterwards, THEN place the image ZIP file in the root directory (make sure its' named appropriately). Thats what I had to do in order for it to see the image file and give me the option to run the upgrade.

Upvote 0
I have downloaded the new leak a couple times and I still can't get it to work. I have flashed this phone with the last two leaks with no problems but this one won't take. It won't even start the update process. I check the downloaded file and compared the md5 hash and everything matched.

Upvote 0
Are you sure its the only PB00IMG.zip file in there? Make sure that the download of a duplicate named file has not added a (1) or (2) to it, like PB00IMG (1).zip. You probably already did this since you checked the hash but I figured I would throw it out there to try to help.

I have done all that. Like I said, I never had a problem like this before with the other two leaks. Flashing this phone really isn't that hard so I don't know why I am having this problem.

Upvote 0
Formatting or re-formatting the card, whether in your PC or on the phone, is NOT necessary. It doesn't hurt, but unless something's wrong or corrupt with the filesystem on the card, people don't have to do that.

It may be just that. In my experience, new pre-formatted cards or cards used in other devices tend to have issues when used in a new device, which may be due to how it's formatted. I've seen it often enough where the first thing I do when moving or buying new cards is have the device format it first before use.

After that i have no problems with swapping it between my device and my PC.

Jaws: Where did you download the v3 leak, was it through these forums or was it the rooted version from the XDA forums?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I remember when I loaded 2.1v1, I brought up the bootloader by holding Call+End. When I loaded v2 and v3, I held VolDown+End because that's what everyone said to do. I don't think the firmware changed the way to access the bootloader. I just think there is more than one way to bring it up.

So VolUp+End brings it up, too? So easy! I'm amazed I don't hear more stories of people accidentally flashing a new OS while the phone is in their pockets!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones