V3 Bug? Favorites not saving default numberGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jacklad

Jacklad Active Member

I actually noticed this on V2 leak as well - when I set up my favorites list, and then select that person for the first time, I'm prompted to set up a default action - that default is never saved, and I have to repeat those steps in order to dial a number - anyone have this problem? Is there a step I'm missing? A solution?

Advertisement
  2. midnight assassin

midnight assassin Well-Known Member

I'm seeing the same issue on v2 still.
  3. Teqknique

Teqknique Active Member

I stopped using the favorites widget because of that bug, since then I just open up dial and you can search your contacts with the dial pad (which does use your default numbers).
  4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Most of mine assign after I choose them the second or maybe third time. Although, it doesn't ever ask me to really assign anything either. I am just long pressing on the phone numbers and selecting to set as primary for that contact.

Do you have all your favorites in a group?
  5. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Ooh, OTD, you got a promotion! :)
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  6. Jacklad

Jacklad Active Member

Nope, no assigned groups other than favorites - this morning I thought the selection would stick - the appropriate little icons appeared on the button, but just as quickly they went away - it's a shame, because if it doesn't work, it defeats the purpose of the widget - nice red color scheme, by the way -
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Thanks.

When you add the widget, is it giving you an option to pick a group?
  8. rinso

rinso Active Member

Has this issue ever been resolved or has anyone come up with a workaround (am I not getting something in this post?)?

This is driving me batty.

Thanks!
  9. KingoftheJust

KingoftheJust Active Member

I have the same problem. Started right after I OTA'd 2.1. Did a factory reset and still have it.

I agree that the widget is worthless if this continues to happen.
  10. bporterfield

bporterfield New Member

I am also getting the same problem. Seems to be Eris oriented only...dagger.
  11. lwpoon

lwpoon New Member

Hi came accross this while playing with my phone. If you do not have a default action set for your Contacts in the People widget it will prompt you what should be the default action the first time you choose it. If you mistakely choose the wrong option you can correct it by going to your main contacts list. Chose the person you wish to assisgn a new default action and scroll to the last item which should be Set default action. Once you have updated this it should update the Icon in the People widget with the default as you have set it.