• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root V4 back to Punisher

joeymogul

Sep 5, 2010
I installed Velocity but want to go back to Punisher. When I did a full wipe and nandroid backup of my last Punisher backup, the startup just cycled over and over. I wiped again, and tried again... then I wiped again and put my V4 backup to get my phone at least working again.

Any ideas?? I actually prefer Punisher

The only thing I can think of is when you tried to go back to Punisher, you did not wipe your ext partition (assuming you were using apps2sd). When you flashed back to your V4 backup, your apps were still on your ext partition so everything worked as it did before.

If you are using the aloha recovery, make sure you choose the wipe ext partition as well as the other 3 (data, cache, dalvik cache). If you are using the Clockwork recovery, you don't have that option and the only thing you could do is reformat your sdcard. That's why the aloha recovery is the better one to use.

Of course, if you already use the aloha recovery and you did wipe the ext partition, then I just wasted 5 minutes of my life explaining all of this and I am no help to you. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones