Vanilla Android

1. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

Will there ever be an Eris rom that is FULL Vanilla Android? White notification bar, stock icons, everything?

Advertisement
  2. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Well, you can take GrdLocks VanillaDroid, use better cut for the icons and then apply the patch for white toolbar that can be found on xda.
  3. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

Can't seem to find the patch for the white notification bar. If I were to extract a ROM, is it set up sorta the same as an APK? Can I just change the PNG's for certain things like apps? And also do you have to do the re-signing method, and is it the same signing method as re-signing an apk?
  4. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

head over to xda in the eris section. its named like [wip] white notification bar or something like that. will give you all the details you will need.
  5. dbzeris

dbzeris Active Member

I'm using the latest DarchVanilla or DVanilla ROM. Basically Nexus ROM, but you can't use the Nexus Launcher, too many bugs. Home works very well on it and has five screens. I think there is like 115MB available on this ROM. There are some Force Close bugs, but only on items like HTC wallpapers that try to drive back to Sense (Sense is gone on this ROM). There are easy work arounds.

The ROM is based on a Heroc ROM so there are several add on themes. One is the White Status Bar and you can also flash a Nexus Lock Screen to it as well. You must us the Heroc one though, jcase's will not work. There are MMS issues with Heroc ROMS but there is a fix you can find it on XDA. I don't think Facebook syncs either; not sure since I don't use it.

ROM
    [ROM][Update]DarchVanilla2eris3D, fixes/apps added - xda-developers

The White Status Bar is in the Heroc ROM thread for DarchVanilla Heroc, link is found on the Eris DarchVanilla XDA page, linked above.

Nexus Lock Screen for Heroc (may work on other ROMs, but doubt it)
    Bugfixes & Requests: Lock Screens Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero