• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Vanilla Froyo Coming Tonight!

I mean I am using LP and the stock launcher. If I hit the home but it let's me switch. I've never installed anything like that so I assume its part of the dowloaded rom.

It installed a launch I think it was named something.default I could be wrong I only looked at it real quick once but it was differently a new launcher. I've tried just about all of them and I know I didn't load that one. I have ADW installed also and right after I flashed the ROM it started out with ADW and when I pressed home it ask which home I should use. SO it looks like the defaults were cleared during the ROM install. I just reset he home and I'm back to LP Home switcher is one of my most used apps:D

And it would make sense to include one if you're about to remove what might be the only launcher (blur's) on the system.

Upvote 0
It installed a launch I think it was named something.default I could be wrong I only looked at it real quick once but it was differently a new launcher. I've tried just about all of them and I know I didn't load that one. I have ADW installed also and right after I flashed the ROM it started out with ADW and when I pressed home it ask which home I should use. SO it looks like the defaults were cleared during the ROM install. I just reset he home and I'm back to LP Home switcher is one of my most used apps:D

And it would make sense to include one if you're about to remove what might be the only launcher (blur's) on the system.

you mean the one that is just called "Launcher" that is the stock android 2.2 launcher

Upvote 0
I installed this rom and it worked perfectly. I did not lose root on my 2.2 update 1 leak rom with minimal mods.

I lost visual voicemail from verizon - the stock dialer app crashes when I hit the visual voicemail button. I know I should switch to google voice but I have a few too many things on my android todo list at the moment.

Anybody have an idea how to get it back? I know birdman had a fix for this on his rom...

I would think you just need to install the VM apk. Here'sa 2.2 Vvm.apk give it a try http://www.fileswap.com/share/842b62b0c4e64c94cd0c9321ffc1c650/Vvm.apk.html

:D

Follow the direction posted in the forum.
You basically
copy the apk to /system/app (use root explorer make r/w)
install apk from there.
Set permissions
reboot

If you need more detail (I wouldn't blame you if you did :D)
There is a thread on how to reinstall system apps somewhere.

Reactions: rkrasny
Upvote 0
you mean the one that is just called "Launcher" that is the stock android 2.2 launcher

I'm not sure doesn't it also have default in the name. I don't have it installed right now and I was going by memory. Bad memory but it's all i got. I'm not a Bot like you:D

I'm actually reloading it now after a data wipe. I want to see what it's like totally stripped of all the apps I've installed.

Upvote 0
anyone else having issues with SU?
every time I try to open a root app it asks me if I want to allow..
Its checkmarked to remember and it still asks.
its annoying

EDIT:
Nvm updated to 2.3.5 and now its fixed..
Heres the QR if anyone wants to update.
img.php

Upvote 0
anyone else having issues with SU?
every time I try to open a root app it asks me if I want to allow..
Its checkmarked to remember and it still asks.
its annoying

EDIT:
Nvm updated to 2.3.5 and now its fixed..
Heres the QR if anyone wants to update.
img.php
Ive had it happen in the past. I installed a different su. If you have ROM manager there is an SU in there you can install. That's the one i used and it fixed the nagging. If you don't have ROM manager there are some in the Market. Backup first!
the

Upvote 0
I said I wasn't gonna do it... but I'm running Tranquility + FlyX together with Revolution theme... Birdman is calling the mesh of both "FrankenFly"... kinda catchy... and i like it, especially now that i got my facebook pics on all my contacts again.

I think he is making frankenfly, which is going to be more deblurred

Upvote 0
Trick I found... makes everything so much faster... Go to "Spare Parts" in your App drawer... then under "Window Animations" set it to fast, under "Transition animations" set to fast and toggle "Fancy input animations"... makes this thing seem so much faster.

Just an FYI Spare parts isn't in your app drawer unless you've downloaded previously or a ROM you flashed had it installed. It's not a standard app so if you don't have it download it from the Market.

Upvote 0
To get your calendar syncing again, download the BlurCalendarProvider.apk attached to this post, and place it in /system/app/ via whatever method.

in terminal emulator:

su
chmod 644 /system/app/BlurCalendarProvider.apk
reboot

Now, go into Settings, Accounts, and find your Gmail account. Uncheck and recheck Sync Calendar and you're all set.

Attachments

• BlurCalendarProvider.apk
    224.6 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones