vanishing bookmarksSupport

1. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

Am on the latest HC version...stock everything. Not rooted. I generally use the stock browser, but also have Dolphin on my A500. I used the tab this afternoon. When i picked it up late in the evening, I find that all my bookmarks in the stock browser have disappeared. I have no idea what happened. But I have been noticing that after the latest Ota update, the tab has become less stable. Earlier I used to see maybe one FC in a week, now I see about 2 or 3 almost everyday.

Any insights please? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Have you installed any apps recently? It the FC could be due to something that you installed...
  3. kristalsoldier

Nopes. No new apps installed. Strange.
  4. D-U-R-X

Let me have a look when I get in from work this evening... I'll come back to you with some more info ASAP!
  5. kristalsoldier

Thanks very much!

Edit: BTW, I should also mention that in the stock browser, I cannot seem to save bookmarks either!
  6. D-U-R-X

Really sorry, but have been looking and have not been able to find anything... I will keep my eye out and come back to you as soon as I find anything.

I take it you have tried using a different browser?
  7. kristalsoldier

Thanks. Yes, I also use Dolphin HD, which I am using now in lieu of the stock browser.
  8. D-U-R-X

Has using Dolphin made any difference? Are you still missing any bookmarks?
  9. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing, Google market changing to Google play seems to somehow be the culprit.
  10. kristalsoldier

Yeah... I think so too. All this began when the Market morphed into Google Play. This kind of thing is really not done is it?
  11. D-U-R-X

No... it's not... you're right. Hadn't even thought of that as being the reason... the market changed and then I rooted, so had to put all my book marks back in again anyway!

Hopefully you shouldn't have too many to re-input!
  12. kristalsoldier

Yup...I guess that is the only thing left to do. The only problem is that I can't save bookmarks on the stock browser (no such problem with Dolphin).
  13. nosferatu_12

nosferatu_12 Member

I had the exact same problem and after a couple of days all the bookmarks came back on their own I have no idea about what happend
  14. kristalsoldier

My bookmarks have not returned yet! :mad:
  15. ES156

ES156 New Member

As of yesterday I have no way of saving new bookmarks..... no selection anymore. Have reboot and all old bookmarks are there just no way to add new ones. Using Asus Eee Pad.
  16. D-U-R-X

Hey ES156 - welcome to the forums and thanks for joining!

Could you let me know which version of the Eee Pad you have, so I can get your post moved to the Eee Pad sub-forum, so other users of the same device can offer you advice?

Cheers,
    D-U-R-X :)
  17. ES156

ES156 New Member

Ok, I discovered I can save bookmarks by pressing on the URL icon. I guess it's just the "Quick Access" panel that is gone.
  18. D-U-R-X

Fair enough... good to know that it is working again for you!

:)
  19. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

On a related note (yes 6 days after the last post, I was traveling) install Chrome on your tablet. If you're current (for the Iconia anyway) you have ICS and can get the Chrome beta. Once you do that, you can sync your bookmarks so you essentially have a unified bookmark list for mobile and desktop and they're always "backed up".
  20. kristalsoldier

Absolutely. Chrome - for me - works very well and since I have been using it on my laptop, I have all my bookmarks, which also appear on the tab. Its really an excellent option. I am enjoying using it.