Various connection errors using InternetSupport

Last Updated:

1. LouiseB

LouiseB New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I have not had my i5801 very long, 4 weeks, and I cannot decide whether it has a fault or whether I am not using it properly.

I can use the phone and the texts reasonably easily but accessing the internet is proving very difficult.

I get error messages sometimes telling that the host is unresolved.

If I go to settings/wireless and network/mobile networks/network operators, then sometimes it says there is data activated and it cannot connect.

I dont know what data activation is or how to turn it off. One advisor said I needed to close any open incidents of apps etc, but I dont know where to find a list of them. There is a list in settings/applications/running services but I dont recognise any of the things and the list is the same when the internet is working as when it is not working.

In desperation last night I connected to my home wifi and lo, it all works just fine. I disconnect from the wifi and go back to using the internet on the phone's own signal, and it does not work. I have 500gb contract which I am told should be enough and I dont run any videos or music or the radio etc, so cannot believe I am using all that much up.

It is registered with orange and round here there is supposed to be an "excellent" signal.

I have tried turning it on and off and taking out the battery to no avail. Is it broken, should I send it back?

Thanks everyone

Advertisement
  2. LouiseB

LouiseB New Member This Topic's Starter

I should also add that the signal was very poor when I first got the phone despite Orange being meant to be "excellent" in this area. This was partly resolved by my being advised to move from 3g to 2g and onto the orange/t-mobile joint network.
    I went from 1 bar to 4, with a little R in front of it.

I wonder now if this is simply masking a larger problem with the receiver?

3. galaxy3

galaxy3 New Member

R means its on roaming..must have been disconnected on raoming networks..

4. Becka_Galaxy

Becka_Galaxy New Member

im having simular problems , i got this new phone a couple days ago , im on orange network and wen i go on the internet it comes up with '' No Network Connection '' '' Browser Cannot load thsi page because there is no internet connection '' . i have good signal though and ive tried different things and nothing has worked . any help ?