Various Droid Problemss (GPS, Signal Bars, Battery Life)

Last Updated:

1. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As of the last 2 weeks or so I would say, a few problems have come up with my D1.

The first is the GPS never can locate my phone anymore when im in maps. It just continues to say trying to locate, and does nothing else. It used to locate just fine, and basically has just stopped.

Second is I loose all of my signal bars and then have no service according to my phone.

Third is my battery life has just turned to complete crap. I had it fully charged this morning before I left at 10:30, and it was dead by 4. Did a few occasional texts, nothing else and it was done.

All of these things literally came out of no where, didn't change kernels or anything else that I can think of. I am running CM6 with one of P3's kernels. Any ideas anyone?

Advertisement
  2. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

I too am running CM6 with a P3 kernel. I too have had problems with the first two things. I had a similar problem with the gps, but I realized I had the "allow mock locations" option checked under Applications --> Development, unchecked that and it pretty much solved the problem.

When it comes to the bars, you may need to just try a couple of different radios and flash those to see which one gives you a better representation. It varies from location to location and phone to phone, so I can't really make a suggestion :p Here's the link for that page http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/136402-basebands-all-them-one-spot.html
    Hope this helps some!

3. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well before I decided to check this thread I flashed UD 1.0 and will see if that helps at all. I have kept that allow mock locations in mind though, and thanks for your help!