• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Various new user issues/questions (Debranding/wallpaper/Opera etc)

schnide

Aug 3, 2010
Hi All

I've been the owner of an SE Mini X10 Pro for around a week now and am very, very happy with it. I have some questions though:

1) I bought the phone as a PAYG device from O2 UK (although I use it with my contract). Is this going to be a branded phone and if so what are the benefits of debranding? The firmware latest build number on O2 is 1.1.A.0.8 and my phone tells me that it's up to date, but I know there are later firmware versions for the Mini Pro.
2) Is there any way to have fixed one-size wallpaper instead of large scrolling picture?
3) Is there any way to have the screen lock if the keyboard is open and then closed?
4) Does anyone else have problems with Facebook on Opera? I open on the full site but it often diverts to the inferior mobile version of the site. I also find that links often don't work and in fact just end up refreshing the page. (I imagine all these are probably Opera or Facebook problems though rather than the X10 Pro).
5) What are the conditions for the physical keyboard to light up? In bed in the dark this morning it didn't, now in my office it does!
6) Why does Roadsync (and other apps, but this in particular) often come up in my Advanced Task Killer list even though I've NEVER used it?!

Thanks for your help in advance :)

schnide

Hi All

I've been the owner of an SE Mini X10 Pro for around a week now and am very, very happy with it. I have some questions though:

1) I bought the phone as a PAYG device from O2 UK (although I use it with my contract). Is this going to be a branded phone and if so what are the benefits of debranding? The firmware latest build number on O2 is 1.1.A.0.8 and my phone tells me that it's up to date, but I know there are later firmware versions for the Mini Pro.
2) Is there any way to have fixed one-size wallpaper instead of large scrolling picture?
3) Is there any way to have the screen lock if the keyboard is open and then closed?
4) Does anyone else have problems with Facebook on Opera? I open on the full site but it often diverts to the inferior mobile version of the site. I also find that links often don't work and in fact just end up refreshing the page. (I imagine all these are probably Opera or Facebook problems though rather than the X10 Pro).
5) What are the conditions for the physical keyboard to light up? In bed in the dark this morning it didn't, now in my office it does!
6) Why does Roadsync (and other apps, but this in particular) often come up in my Advanced Task Killer list even though I've NEVER used it?!

Thanks for your help in advance :)

schnide

Schnide, Did you ask these questions elsewhere? I went to the link and couldnt find your post, Woudl be interested to know the answer

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones