1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Various Q&A

1. someguy9

someguy9 Well-Known Member

anyone find a button combo to take screenshots yet?

Advertisement
    :
  2. RGMetro

RGMetro New Member

or a way to customize the side buttons?
  3. mattparmely

mattparmely Well-Known Member

what do you mean the notification menu? just like the menu or what? I want to mount the droid now but cant figure out what you mean. ha sorry.
  4. justinlindh

justinlindh Member

The top of the screen, where the clock/3G/mail notifications/etc are at... when you connect your Droid via the USB cable to a computer, it adds a section called "Ongoing" and an item in it is called "USB connected". Click that item and select "Mount".
  5. mattparmely

mattparmely Well-Known Member

ok i did this. Now, do you know how to get my music from itune sonto my phone??
  6. justinlindh

justinlindh Member

Not sure, especially about iTunes (I don't use iTunes for anything aside my iPod Touch). You might run into some problems with the DRM on some of the iTunes tracks, and I'm unsure whether Droid can play the un-DRM'd ones. Someone else should know better than I.

I'm trying to figure out where the Droid will search for media files on the SD card.
  7. Stangs55

Stangs55 Well-Known Member

Please!

Need to change that camera button to a voice search!
  8. moosc

moosc Well-Known Member

what are the settings for handbrake? need to update my movies for my moto droid
  9. This may be a silly question, but how do you close an application?

On my BB if you left an app running it would drain speed and battery life, just like the Droid. However, there doesn't seem to be a "close" function for any of the menus. Am I missing something?
  10. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

You have to get a task killer app from the market. There are a couple of free ones in there.
  11. Got one, thanks.

Does anyone think there will there ever be a way to just close out an app in the future? Seems like a weird thing to leave out...
  12. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

sorry to ask....

So if I'm using google maps/nav, and then back it out... is it still running?

I notice the little satellite dish still active in the bar at top, is that my gps still running and draining battery?

I rebooted when I thought everything was closed and the dish went away.
  13. TogaLive

TogaLive Well-Known Member

This is because apps still run in the background, including navigator/maps. So go to the market and download "TasKiller" with the red icon, ive tested em all and its the best I've found yet! Then just run its app and click once (not a holdclick) on every program you want to end, I do this multiple times a day just to keep the phone running fast :)
  14. +1, just started using it and it makes a lot of sense. Astro is another application that is a task killer and a file manager, pretty decent (except for the UI, which is kind of gaudy...)
  15. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

is there a way to make a shortcut to that to put on your home screen?
  16. CWasko36

CWasko36 Member

From the home screen, hold down anywhere and then select shortcuts.
    Then select settings
    Then Running Services
  17. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

thanks
  18. jetswa737

jetswa737 Member

So is the equivalent to turning Mass Storage on in BB speak?

Thanks!
  19. diddiyo

diddiyo Well-Known Member

is there copy/paste on the droid?
  20. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

were you mounting the phone to the computer, and dragging them into the SD card the right way?
  21. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

No with all my other smartphones I just log on to funformobile click on what I want click download and then save to . It will download them to the phone I just can't save it after that. The pics worked the same just not the ringtones
  22. SSinisterSS

so it comes as a MMS text then? if so press on the tone until a menu pops up for you to save
  23. ladybadger2007

I tried that and it never popped up. It doesn't really come as an MMS it just downloads and I save it to the phone. It has worked the same on my Blackberries and my WinMo phones so I thought it would work the same on this one as well maybe I am not holding it down long enough lol but I thought I gave it plenty of time.:confused: Thanks for your help I am sure I will figure it out after I play with it a while lol It is deffinatly a different ballgame but I like it.
  24. SSinisterSS

thats wierd, the G1 i used was able to do that, but usually i just mounted it to the computer and installed it through the USB. are you able to save the ringtone to your computer and transfer it yourself?
  25. ladybadger2007

I havn't tried that yet I am so used to just doin it from my phone. I am my friends and families ringtone supplier lol we may have to try something else. Thanks again.