• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vaulty problems after kitkat update

Batmanx007

Lurker
May 30, 2014
I apologize if this has already been addressed. I've searched and I haven't found this topic. My provider is AT&T, my phone is a Galaxy Note 3. My phone just got the kitkat update. Once the update was complete my Vaulty Stocks app no longer works. All my pics have been deleted. What I want to know is if there is any way to retrieve my pics, or reverse this damn kitkat update. It has also decreased the length of time my battery lasts, and I seem to have trouble obtaining a good signal when that used to not be an issue at all

Email the stock app developer to see if they can update to work with kit kat...
Try using a file explorer to locate pictures. If they were on an external sd try copying them back to phone storage. Sorry I don't have any other suggestions...google sync if you had it checked in settings, should have saved the pics...the app probably just needs an update as some did not make updates yet. Did you try an uninstall and the re install?

Upvote 0
If the pics were on the SD card, get a card reader, put the card into it, plug it into your computer, download PhotoRec - CGSecurity, burn it to a CD, boot your computer with it and, if there are any blocks of data on the card that look like pictures, PhotoRec will recover them. (It doesn't care about operating systems, directories, etc., just data.)

If the pictures were on the phone's internal storage you have two problems.

1) You can't recover deleted files unless the phone is rooted.

2) You have to install a recovery app on the phone.

The problem with both of them is the same - you'll be writing to internal storage, so you may overwrite the pictures you're trying to recover. (Disk Digger is free for pictures.)

Remember an old computer addage - any file you don't have backed up to at least 2 independent devices is a file you don't need. (A cloud storage account counts as a device these days, so backing up to Dropbox and Google is backing up to 2 devices. The odds of your phone, Google, Google's off-site backup, Dropbox and Dropbox's offsite backup all going bad at the same time are ... well, the end of the world could cause that, but not much else. So even if you drive over your phone with a tank and Google crashes, you can still get the files from Dropbox - and back them up to 2 other devices.)

Upvote 0
It's funny I come on here and see this topic. I actually a couple of hours ago deleted Vaulty cause after the KitKat update, it went literally to crap. Now I did find an app called Hide it Pro which is free and exceptional. It appears as an audio manager app, password or pin protected. Once inside you can even create separate folders for whatever pics you upload. Hope this helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones