vCalendar in 2.1!

Last Updated:

1. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 13, 2009
    OK, when creating a new calendar event in the new 2.1 calendar, there is a field labeled 'Guests'. It's a good read on page 51 in the new 2.1 manual.

I have my Gmail Calendar set to (Yes, but don't send event reminders unless I have responded "Yes" or "Maybe"). So, I sent a calendar meeting request from my Outlook ISP email account to my Hero's Gmail account, and it automatically added the calendar event. When I opened the event in the Hero calendar, I had the option to accept by changing the 'attending' option and it automatically sent the response back to the originator which was received by my Outlook ISP email and showed a response as 'accepted' in the calendar event. COOL! :D

BTW, I also did this the other way around by creating the calendar event on the Hero and adding the Outlook ISP email account and it worked as well.

Also, when I long-pressed any calendar event, I had an option to 'Share vCalendar'. ;)

Seems like vCalendar is working on the HTC Calendar app.

BTW, I also noticed you can now 'swipe' from day to day on the daily agenda view.

Now to find more easter eggs in the new manual...