Veetle Player for Android, Incredible?General

Last Updated: 2011-11-25 18:04:18
  1. mangler1055

mangler1055 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a way to view Veetle streams on their Inc? I'm running the 2.2 ThirdWave ROM and have the newest flash installed. I can get Hulu to work (kinda), but the Veetle website asks me to install the plugin (as if i'm on a windows machine).

Anyone here have luck with Veetle?

I found a few threads from back in June talking about viewing the world cup using Veetle, but none with any details. It's EPL/Champions League time and this would be sweet...

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Veetle has its on flash plugin, so will not work on any phone except Iphone with a safari browser plug provided by veetle.

I'm hoping this will change one day as Veetle rock, but until then no such luck i'm afraid.
    mangler1055 likes this.
  3. mangler1055

mangler1055 Well-Known Member

Ok, so i'm getting somewhere with this.

I went to the browser and typed in "about:debug" to pull up the extra settings.
    Then in settings i went to UAString and chose iphone.

I went to Veetle.com and it took me to a mobile webpage. There aren't many choices, but when i selected one, i got a message "Starting Download".

I then found a *.m3u8 file downloaded in my Notification area. When i click on on i get a message that says "ROM file type is not supported".

And that's it.

Can anyone take it from here? :)
  4. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Wish I could veetle would be amazing to have on android.

Good luck
  5. Liam O

Liam O New Member

Yeah this is actually pretty easy to do. I went through a lot of agony rooting my phone and trying to install a new ROM and all that craziness, but in the end it's not even necessary for veetle streams.

Just find a browser that lets you select your user agent (Dolphin Browser HD is the one I use). It may ask what user agent you prefer when you first run the program, or you may have to change it in your settings. Set it to "iphone" or "Safari."

Ta-da! It's that easy.
  6. rykim718

rykim718 New Member

Liam,
    I have a xoom that's running android 3.0. I installed dolphin HD and set the agent to Ipad. When I do that and go to veetle and try and play any channel, I get an error message that says unable to play. Any thoughts?
    Thanks
  7. XeoNoX

XeoNoX New Member

1) Get dolphin hd browser (not sure if setting user agent is available on stock browser)
    2) Get vplayer from market (if not available, search online for apk)
    3) Go to settings in dolphin browser and set user agent to Iphone (not ipad).
    4) Visit veetle.com and stream away. The video should open the vplayer and stream the .m3u8 format from there.
    The_Hawkster likes this.
  8. j13smiley

j13smiley Well-Known Member

good info - thanks!
  9. namtheman1221

namtheman1221 New Member

Now, we can download "Veetle" On the Market for free and watch football in high quality
  10. j13smiley

j13smiley Well-Known Member

it does show on the market now... first release... looks pretty simple - just a list of stuff that's playing. i don't see any way to search or filter.