• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Velocity 0.4 Problem

Vol4One

Oct 6, 2010
I have been running Velocity 0.4 for about three weeks now. The past fews days or so, my Ally has been constantly re-booting itself for no reason. Every once in a while I'll get a kernal panic as well. Not real sure what has changed to cause this so I was thinking about reflashing 0.4. From what I've read, it sounds like I should flash using Amon Ra recovery instead of Clockwork (which is what I orignally used). Any ideas on this? Also, I've searched and searched from Amon Ra but don't know where to download it. Any help there would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Reactions: Vol4One
Upvote 0
Download the zip file and place it on the root of your sd card. Boot into recovery by holding the call, menu, call end buttons until you see the lg logo come on the screen and let go. Find the option that says something like flash zip from sd card, and click enter. If I remember right, it will then have a bunch of no's and then one yes. Click on the yes and the zip will install itself. Go back in recovery and click reboot system now. Thats it!

Upvote 0
Does running Velocity 0.4 keep you from even dialing into the checkin number? I know Velocity blocks OTAs, but I thought I might be able do dial in and see if there was one released yesterday. I went back to stock over the weekend and dialing in worked fine. But back in Velocity again all I get is the "cannot be completed as dialed" recording if I dial that number now.

Upvote 0
Does running Velocity 0.4 keep you from even dialing into the checkin number? I know Velocity blocks OTAs, but I thought I might be able do dial in and see if there was one released yesterday. I went back to stock over the weekend and dialing in worked fine. But back in Velocity again all I get is the "cannot be completed as dialed" recording if I dial that number now.

There is a script to toggle the OTA updates, maybe give that a shot?

Upvote 0
I have been running Velocity 0.4 for about three weeks now. The past fews days or so, my Ally has been constantly re-booting itself for no reason. Every once in a while I'll get a kernal panic as well. Not real sure what has changed to cause this so I was thinking about reflashing 0.4. From what I've read, it sounds like I should flash using Amon Ra recovery instead of Clockwork (which is what I orignally used). Any ideas on this? Also, I've searched and searched from Amon Ra but don't know where to download it. Any help there would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
I have had this same problem the past two days. Just about 15 mins ago it did it again and now I am getting stuck on a the boot up screen that says android. I just booted into recovery and wiped cache to see if I could get it to boot after. Only reason I care is I had a missed call and if I restore I will not know who it was :(

Upvote 0
Only reason I care is I had a missed call and if I restore I will not know who it was :(

There is a way to get your cell phone's voice mail from a land line. I think you hit * while the message is playing, then you put your passcode in. Something along those lines. If they didn't leave a VM, I guess it wasn't really important and I wouldn't worry too much about it. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones