Velocity 1.2.2 OPEN Beta

Last Updated:

1. PantherVT

PantherVT Active Member

I decided to flash Beta 13 (now with theme refinement 1.1) and I am loving it. Just like everyone else I am getting the force closes with the the ICS launcher so no surprise there. Its wicked fast and stable at higher clock speeds than previous versions which is awesome. Kudos Savoxis, great enchantments and I'm pleasantly surprised that you were able to squeeze even more power out of this device. My only qualm is the GPS accuracy, I'm a guy that relies on the navigation app to to save my #$% when I'm in a pinch, so when I need it, I really need it. I tried using maps with and without the GPS status app running but got the same inaccurate results. Thanks again for all your efforts and Keep up the good work!

edit: Also thanks to j2cool for his theming efforts!

2. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Beta 14 will be live in a few minutes, basically just j2s theme patch built in, I tried a quick fix for reader, and flash player 10.3 but both are not working, expect a 15 soon
  3. jaison80

jaison80 Well-Known Member

sweet! I'm all over it as soon as I can get away from my girlfriend.
  4. Pieareround

Pieareround Well-Known Member

So those of us running beta 13 could just flash the theme update and be good to go until 15?
  5. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 Well-Known Member Developer

Sounds like it. Might as well just flash 14 over 13 without data wipe
    Might have stability increases or other under the hood stuff.
  6. j2cool2012

i use #31B1E1. It's very vapid. There are different shades all over. But they all come pretty close.
  7. Pieareround

Heh, make it too much stabler and it'll refute Quantum theory or something.

Edit: I think it's been refuted.

Besides the currently unsolved issues with Adobe products, I've yet to notice any bugs. Also, I think it actually got faster. Finally, I want to report on the success of the installation method I used. I simply deleted /system, /cache, and Dalvik-cache, then flashed Beta 14, resulting in a flawless update while still retaining all my apps and data.
    NekoTaks and savoxis like this.
  8. CTroxtell

CTroxtell Active Member

Adobe Reader works fine for me if I uninstall and reinstall it, other then that just wish the scripts would work...don't care much for the Velocity bootup. Thank you very much for your hard work and your time.
  9. NekoTaks

NekoTaks Active Member

Downloading as I type this. . .sounds like it could already be released as official if not for what I'm hearing about the ICS Launcher FCing all the time. Ohwell. I love using ADW Launcher anyways.

Gonna edit with my first experience with it once I flash tomorrow morning.

- Like rgocal, first boot was incredibly fast
    - Very snappy on 729, even faster with 787 and ondemand governor
    - No FCs with ICS Launcher so far, but already went straight for ADW with the ICS theme in place of AnderWeb's Theme One.
    - The theme is great, j2. Looks so awesome, my eyes melted because they couldn't take in the awesomeness. All kidding aside, this is very nice, combined with the ICS theme for ADW.

Might make me reconsider Bionix, or I might just nand this and Bionix and jump between both if I feel like using one over the other. I might just stick with Velocity, though.

And Pierreround's method of flashing without wiping the /data works, all my apps retained the same settings.

For a beta, this is actually pretty slick (no pun intended, savoxis). This feels like an official release already.
  10. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Just wondering if it would be to late at this point to remove all but the stock Launcher and let everyone choose what launcher they want to use?
  11. frugalally

frugalally Active Member

What is Quadrant / Uber Quadrant? The benchmark app?
  12. NekoTaks

NekoTaks Active Member

Quadrant (Quadrant Standard) is a benchmark assessment app that assesses the performance of your phone on more levels than apps like NeoCore or Electopia. Uber Quadrant, when enabled, "tricks" the app into thinking your phone has better performance than it actually does. Like the toast popup that comes on the screen after you click it says, it's just for fun.
  13. frugalally

frugalally Active Member

How could something with such a kick ass name be fake?

14. leerpsp

leerpsp Active Member

the Theme fix 1/26 works but also does not work it just makes the ics launcher not crash as much but it still needs work im useing beta 14
  15. blazingace

blazingace Member

This theme fix is not meant to correct the launcher. It just changing the launcher theme with making the clock blue and fixing the color of the text in the drop down notifications bar. If I'm wrong someone may correct me please.
  16. ZeroZeroOne

ZeroZeroOne Member

Hi, folks.

I rooted my Ally for the first time this weekend and loaded the beta 14 last night. Other than the known issues (calendar, ICS Launcher) I've found the phone to be very responsive.

So just a quick note to say there's another tester available and thanks to everyone working on this project and those that have made all the posts and guides about rooting and loading ROMs. The forums have been very useful! :D
    verizonuser13 and Biotic like this.
  17. jeb_hoge

jeb_hoge Active Member

I updated tonight too. Running ADW Launcher w/ ICS theme...everything looks great and if nothing else, I love having the numbers back on the status bar battery gauge. :)

Ran GPS w/ GPS Status, Google Maps, and Google Nav this morning. It locked on fast and tight, so no problems there for me.
  18. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

Alot of competition here
    Looking good and keeping its place as the velocity rom.
  19. SyrStorm

SyrStorm Well-Known Member

Okay so I'm posting a logcat and I don't know if it helps or not but I'm doing it because I saw someone post one earlier for one of the other betas. If I did this wrong, tell me.

Velocity 1.2.2 Beta 14 Logcat
  20. JJJandJ

JJJandJ Member

I flashed Beta 13 with the Theme Update and it is great

This is what I have noticed:
    Adobe Reader - Would not open, I uninstaller and then reinstalled from Market and it works now
    Calendar Does not display correctly, It does sync with Exchange as a widget is pulling the data fine
    ICS Launcher Force Closes when I unlock the phone, I switch to Go Launcher for now
    Exchange Email Sync works fine
    Battery life is great
    Very Fast

Thanks for all of the work that has gone into this ROM, Looking forward to the next release.
  21. underclocked

underclocked New Member

Flashed beta 14 the other night and its great! Found a couple bugs though.

The wifi will sometimes disconnect when the phone is inactive and not reconnect until I turn wifi off and then on again.

The phone will also come out of vibrate mode by itself sometimes.

I havent seen any other problems as of yet. Its a great rom that im sure will be even better once its out of beta. Thank you so much for your time and effort into making this.
  22. jeb_hoge

jeb_hoge Active Member

Shoot, mine's ALWAYS done that.
  23. j2cool2012

The wifi disconnect isn't a bug, its a feature. It disables it while the phone is sleeping. To fix this, go to settings, Wi-Fi and networks, wifi, menu>advanced, wifi sleep policy, and turn it to never.
    Pieareround likes this.
  24. Pieareround

For the love of all things good and wonderful, thank you so much for this.
  25. j2cool2012

100th post.
    Don't worry, something real is coming...