• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Velocity 1.2.2 OPEN Beta

i recieved permission to finish this so... y im asking. i wanna make sure everythings finished for the ally before we cleanup shop.

now do you guys like the ics theme or do you want a new theme to be fresh. I know trident always liked to keep things "stock" so i was thinking about putting together a chromium theme. but thats up to you guys.

Upvote 0
hey I have the beta 18 on my wife's ally,, looks real good, works real good,,, Just last night searched google play and installed the Holo launcher b/c she was seeing a lot of force close for the other ICS launcher,,, had run and installed all app updates even reset back to stock MHZ on the overclock,,, battery drain seems simi high,,, she can barley get more than a day out of it...

Holo seems to be very fast we'll see how it goes,,, thanks for all the hard work everyone...

One thing I have noticed I can not turn it off [full power down] and charge it ... it always turns back on if wall charger is plugged in,,, is that normal??

Upvote 0
Running beta 18, one thing I've noticed that doesn't happen with other ROMs on this phone is problems with syncing contact pictures from Facebook. When I join contacts with their Facebook contact, the picture in most cases doesn't sync with the Facebook one and it stays with the default pic for the joined contact.

Not really a huge problem and not sure if anyone else has seen this. I suppose it could just be a problem with the Facebook app more than with the ROM.

Upvote 0
Running beta 18, one thing I've noticed that doesn't happen with other ROMs on this phone is problems with syncing contact pictures from Facebook. When I join contacts with their Facebook contact, the picture in most cases doesn't sync with the Facebook one and it stays with the default pic for the joined contact.

Not really a huge problem and not sure if anyone else has seen this. I suppose it could just be a problem with the Facebook app more than with the ROM.
I could never get it to sync the pictures either. It does sometimes but not with all of them. I don't know why it does but I really don't find it a problem too like you said. Would be nice if it did work though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones