• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Velocity and Google Docs

kandl

Lurker
Jan 5, 2012
Kansas
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while but now I need some help.

I successfully rooted my Ally and installed Velocity 1.2. Everything was going great until google docs put out an update. The update would not install and would give me an error saying the package was not signed correctly. So I used the velocity script to remove google docs completely and went to the market to install it again. Now when it tries to install it errors out and says Incompatible Update. Can anyone give me some ideas to try? I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to working deep inside the phone so at this point I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

My advice, put google docs back on and ignore the update. =)
Some apps do that.
The invalid signature was the developers doings fault, not yours.

Thanks for the reply, I'm fine with that but at this point I'm not sure I can without reflashing Velocity as I didn't back it up first. :( Thats my own fault. I don't use it much so its not a big deal I just got tired of the update popping up all the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones