• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Velocity Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running Velocity 1.0 and I'm trying to update script and upgrade to new velocity but this is what I am getting

ScreenShot.jpg

Upvote 0
Is there a way to disable ota updates

Do you mean OTA updates from your carrier or OTA updates from Velocity (scripts and ROM updates)?

For carrier updates you can just tell it to download and install, reboot after the "installation", and it will fail to install. Then clear your notifications and it should stop appearing.

Upvote 0
Thanks man, that shed some light on it. Seems, based on link info, ondemand or performance makes most sense. But, I guess it'd be fair to say Smartass is most compatible with Vel. 1.1? Since it is default. .....and it just sounds cool!:cool:
Anyway, any further tips would be greatly appreciated. Ya know, pros and cons?

I might try ondemand and see what happens?....... For shnitz and giggles..

Thanks for your time man!!!!

Upvote 0
Governors for NOOBS:
interactive - Instead of sampling the cpu at a specified rate, the governor will scale the cpu frequency up when coming out of idle. When the cpu comes out of idle, a timer is configured to fire within 1-2 ticks. If the cpu is 100% busy from exiting idle to when the timer fires then we assume the cpu is underpowered and ramp to MAX speed.
smartass - Is an improved version of interactive governor
ondemand

Reactions: PantherVT
Upvote 0
Amount I have spend on hosting and bandwidth for the Velocity OTA servers: $92.00
Amount I have received in donations from users: $46.00
The knowledge that no matter what we do people will still bitch and complain: Priceless

I was wondering this morning, why I had no money for gas, and after looking at the online statement from rackspacecloud I see that you all have been using ******ed amounts of bandwidth.

Needless to say this will be the last month of online functionality for the script unless something changes, I cant justify spending this much money when I dont even get "the love"

Especially because now I am pissed, with no money for gas trapped 50 miles away from home, because I cant budget and the servers are on automatic withdrawl

Upvote 0
Say no more, my friend! A donation is about to happen NOW. I know it might not get you home, what with gas at $4+ gallon now, but perhaps others will follow suite shortly. :)

Edit:

Check your PayPal account. That should get you a few gallons. :)

Thanks for all the hard work. Whatever decisions you have to make, I for one understand and support you. My Ally is way better because of your efforts!!

Reactions: azuma73 and savoxis
Upvote 0
Today I tried out a lock-screen app, didn't like it so I immediately uninstalled it. After that I noticed that, for some reason, my phone decided to uninstall Wireless and Wired tether ......as well as Velocity wallpapers?
I'm not sure what happened and I didn't do anything different or drastic today.
So If anyone knows of some way I could get these apps re-installed I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys!!!:thinking:

Upvote 0
I would like to thank you guys.

Not only was I able to get home, I also have enough now to offset this months hosting.

I have been thinking about it and should be able to keep OTA functionality, just on the slower servers.

Again, thanks guys!

I was wondering if you should just disable the upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1 via the scripts after a certain date to save some bandwidth and make everyone download the full ROM after that? Also with the new release and the Messaging glitch which made some have to reinstall I'm sure your servers saw far more that the normal traffic for May so far.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones