Vent MountTips

1. ChadShaft

ChadShaft Well-Known Member

So I got a vent mount for last night. This is in my Chrysler 300. Not entirely sure how I feel about it yet, part of me wishes it were a little more flush mount, but part of me likes that it's easier to reach this way.

Mount fits nice (took a little work with my Sirius in the vent) and seems fairly sturdy so far. Now I just have to figure out how to get my phone and N7 to tether (Darn you T-Mobile!) and see if it's actually worth keeping it mounted in my car.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Phoenix111

Phoenix111 Well-Known Member

I recently mounted my Nexus 7 in my truck as well. I think I'm going to keep it there for use with navigation and possibly playing music. I actually found a mount on Amazon that is a cup mount that expands or retracts to fit any size hole(that's what she said.) Seems to work well so far.
  3. ChadShaft

I may actually get one of the cup mounts for in my F150, but in my 300 they down by the bottom of the gear shift, I'd have to take my eyes off the road way too much to use it.
  4. Phoenix111

Phoenix111 Well-Known Member

Yeah that makes sense, my cup holders aren't positioned too low
  5. ziffos

ziffos Well-Known Member

I use a vent mount - fits ok - bit far out away from dash - fairly sturdy - Nexus 7 works perfectly with NavFree app.

I am also awaiting delivery of a CD Slot Mount - I am interested to compare.
  6. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

You will love the CD Mount, I have been using one by Mountek for almost a year now and works great and sturdy.

Mountek nGroove CD Slot Car Mount #1 Top Rated, Best Seller List

7. ChadShaft

8. ginglish

ginglish Well-Known Member

Fine print says Not for 7" tablets, but look for MT6000 coming
  9. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

10. DonB

That is correct but they have one coming out soon, and wanted others to know how solid it is
    tcat007 likes this.
  11. ziffos

ziffos Well-Known Member

12. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Here's my N7 mount I made this morning. $3 of Home Depot stuff:
    It's solid, no vibration.

[​IMG]
  13. DonB

Here is another one that many are using for tablets, they all say they love it. ;) Many love it because they say they can stick it to the windshield or dashboard with no issues.

Slim-Grip