1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

ventrilo app?

1. nono

nono Member

i am wondering if there is an app out there that can allow me to access and communicate through ventrilo that runs on android 2.0
    i am a gamer/raider and it would be great to be able to let my team know im running a bit late or whatever without having to boot up my laptop in the car.
    i believe the code is open source (if someone is interested in building this app i can find the link again) im just surprised it hasn't been done yet.

any info would be great and appreciated!

Advertisement
    :
  2. adrianvfx

adrianvfx Active Member

*bump* :)
  3. Rumel

Rumel Member

This would be one sweet app. I hope a programmer sees this app. Heck I might teach myself the API and what not just to make this, I need to learn to code somewhere.
  4. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

I second this. I too get in these types of situations where I am late for a fortress siege (I play aion). It would be way cool to have a vent app then id really have some bragging rights about how much android powered devices can do lol
  5. Bump!

I would love to have vent for when i'm running late to a Raid. I play Age of Conan and it would also just be nice to jump on to hear whats going on in my Guild once in a while.
  6. KeithG

KeithG Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the link if you can find it.

Ventrilo isn't under any open source license that I can find. So unless the developer(s) decide that they want to put a client out for Android you may be out of luck.

Flag said he'd take a look @ the iphone SDK in 2008, yet I'm not seeing anything beyond that.
  7. XxHeatherxX

XxHeatherxX New Member

Is there any updates lately??
  8. duble08

duble08 New Member

there's a program called mangler that's open source, and designed for linux systems to connect to vent servers. They are working on an android release, but they need help from more programmers. if you are a programmer, please help out with this project!

Their website is: Mangler | A Ventrilo Compatible Client for Linux

The source code, and all files as to it's progress now, is located at:
    Revision 842: /branches/android

Also, there is an app that they've made called mumbler, which allows you to host a vent server. This app is also open source, and like always, free :)

they have an IRC channel as well, to speak with their developers. it's:

irc.freenode.net
    join #mangler

hopefully someone here has the motivation to help! this would be awesome to have!
  9. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

Apparently, all they need is a GUI developer to connect the back end (library already built). Unfortunate no one has picked up on it. I would, but I am a C# developer with limited experience in Java (there would be a learning curve involved).
  10. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

11. Sounds that is an awsome app.
  12. gospursgo2002

gospursgo2002 New Member

ok awesomeness. First of all i will definitely donate get a pay pal link up. Second, i dont know how hard it would be, but is there anyway add the push to talk feature when your in one of the server channels, or even adjust the gui so you know when other people are talking. I know this is an alpha but just a couple of idea.
  13. holytotemic

holytotemic New Member

I am currently using ventriloid. It is available on the market and works perfect. Audio is suprisingly very crisp. Enjoy!

Http://totemsoup.com
  14. blundell

blundell Well-Known Member

15. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

16. gr4v3r

gr4v3r Active Member

Mangler is on the market and works great
  17. I use it for a while, works great
  18. holytotemic

holytotemic New Member

I have used mangler and ventriloid...mangler is the best!
    :D:D:D
  19. bill.g

bill.g Well-Known Member