• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ventrilo for android is here!

Ventrilo is not VOIP in the sense you are thinking. It is merely proprietary that utilizes the VOIP platform to allow people to talk to each other while playing games or whatever at their computer. You can't use it to make direct calls or anything, it just allows you to log onto a Ventrilo server and talk to whoever is on that same server at the same time.

I dunno if you ever heard of Teamspeak.. but it's basically the same thing. The app for the phone just means 1 less program I have to worry about running on my desktop while gaming, so that's pretty cool.

Reactions: Branndon
Upvote 0
Continued testing at work today. A little spotty when I lost 3g, but stayed connected to the Ventrilo server. Other people on the server reported that I was lagging slightly, but not too bad. Beyond that, the only things I have noticed so far that could use a little bit of improvement is the ability to use a bluetooth headset for talking, and the ability to mute local audio of another user on the server (the server I frequent has a person that has a horrible singing voice, but will not shut up). Since this is still in its Alpha testing stage, the quality in my eyes is mindblowing. In fact, a co-worker said it sounds better than the official Ventrilo client for Mac.

Upvote 0
Continued testing at work today. A little spotty when I lost 3g, but stayed connected to the Ventrilo server. Other people on the server reported that I was lagging slightly, but not too bad. Beyond that, the only things I have noticed so far that could use a little bit of improvement is the ability to use a bluetooth headset for talking, and the ability to mute local audio of another user on the server (the server I frequent has a person that has a horrible singing voice, but will not shut up). Since this is still in its Alpha testing stage, the quality in my eyes is mindblowing. In fact, a co-worker said it sounds better than the official Ventrilo client for Mac.

you need a stereo bluetooth for this to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones