Verify Root

1. Bing

Bing Well-Known Member

I searched for this, but maybe I missed something: how can I verify that I have root access? revoked said "success", but when I tried to give Titanium Backup root access it said it couldn't get it.

Any tips?

Advertisement
    :
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Try another root app. If successful, they'll be listed in Superuser which you should also have if rooted. Also, you may have issues with Titanium until you press the Problems? button, unless you're saying you can't even interface Titanium at all.
  3. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

Do you have SuperUser in your apps list? If so, you're rooted. Download ROM Manager, or Wireless Tether.
  4. Roceskt

Roceskt Well-Known Member

Read the section in regards to Titanium Backup:

http://www.jonamerica.com/technology/howto-root-the-htc-droid-incredible/

you'll find your answer there. In Hboot at the top if it says S-Off then you are rooted.
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Not necessarily, you can be not rooted and have s-off and be rooted and have s-on. Having root and having the nand unlocked(s-off) are two different things.
  6. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

Yea just check for superuser app
  7. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

Click on the problems button in Titanium Backup. My guess is it need to DL BusyBox. Mine did the same thing, once BusyBox was loaded it worked as advertised.

Also, if you didn't have root access, I don't think it would let you D/L Titanium.
    Bing likes this.
  8. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Well-Known Member

You meant BusyBox, right?
  9. Bing

Bing Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! I did have the Superuser app; it was just that I needed BusyBox. Thanks for the help!