• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verion Droid & PdaNet

i recently read Verizon will be taking Pdanet out of the Market. If they do, will i still be able to get it off the Web? ALSO, if i already have PdaNet on my droid, will i still be able to use it once Verizon makes it's change?

You can use it as long as you have it, but no more updates via the market. Also unless your rooted or can use astro file mgr to back it up (provided it allows you to back it up) you will lose it if you ever have to do a factory reset or replace your phone.:(

As for off the web I would go to the developer's website and contact him/her though I imagine that they have already posted a response on their page.

Hope that helps. I have easy tether, but haven't used it in ages since I am rooted and can use wireless tether if I need to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones