Verizon 3G Speed - Slowed Way Down RecentlyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well-Known Member

I'm in southern IL too (belleville) and I haven't noticed it being any slower.

Advertisement
  2. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

I tested it at work where I usually have 1Mbps+ (dld) and it was anywhere from .2 - .7 Mbps.

At home where its usually in the lower range, it was 1.3Mbps today.

Go figure?
  3. Neb32

Neb32 New Member

My speed has definitely slowed recently. I have been testing it since Sunday (3-6-11) in different geographical areas ranging from northern Minnesota to Minneapolis to Philadelphia to Potstown PA. My speed has ranged from .1 download .2 upload, to .6 download .8 upload. Once in Minnesota and once in Pennsylvania it went to 1.4 download. After running a test imediatly after it was back down to the slow speeds again.
  4. Neb32

Neb32 New Member

Just got off the phone with Verizon. Got to Tier 2 service! They had me update my roaming capabilities. They are so smart. They tell me its possibly a regional thing even after telling them I have had this issue in multiple states. Now I have filed a service ticket. I guess I get to waste my time when I return to Minnesota to file another service ticket. With the most expensive service you think they could afford some better techs.
  5. ruddogg

ruddogg Well-Known Member

.95 Down & .85 Up in Orange County/Southern California...
    I noticed that my wife's Droid X has better data reception/3G than my DInc...
  6. mobile1

mobile1 Well-Known Member

1.36 down & .88 up

(Kokomo, IN to server in Carmel, IN)
  7. taf

taf Member

I noticed a slow down just recently. I'm not sure what my speeds were/are, just that it seems slower.
    Today, while in my house I noticed that my phone will cycle between 3 or 4 bars to no bars( never did this before). Also, it cycles between 3G and 1X. It was a constant 3G til today.
    Its probably because my 14 day "trial" period is now over.
  8. taf

taf Member

Got some numbers: 102 kbps down.... 35 kbps up. I will keep an eye on it.
  9. pfs2978

pfs2978 Member

I just ran a test in Western MA. Im getting 1.2 down and .64 up. I could have sworn not long ago my down was over 2 and my up was just about 1.
  10. tispectrum

tispectrum Well-Known Member

2 days ago 518 down, 1300 up. Just now, 10,500 down and 2164 up. Tremendous variance.
  11. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Your speed will always vary from day to day, from hour to hour, even minute to minute, and will always vary with geographic location.
    You are sharing a network with other users and their data use will effect yours just as your data use effects theirs. This is the whole reason behind data throttling.
    There is only so much bandwidth to go around. Whether you agree with the practice or not, Verizon has to try and prevent the data pigs from eating the whole bandwidth pie.
  12. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I have noticed down speeds have sucked for at least the past two months.
  13. blueamcat

blueamcat Active Member

Running from the closest server to me in MN: Down is 1.96Mbps and Up is .87Mbps Not terrible.
  14. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Was hitting the 2.2 to 2.5mbps down and 1.0mbps up in NYC Friday night from the NYC, Newark and Clifton servers which is what I was hitting back in January before I noticed the slow down.

Maybe things are "leveling off"!?!?!?!

My buddy's TB was hitting 20mbps down and up standing right next to me!! That is SICK!!!!!!!
  15. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

I just checked mine on my new Droid X.

1.58Mbps down and 0.68Mbps up.

I don't know if this is average for my area (Austin, Tx) and didn't try checking my speed when I was still using my LG Ally...

DSLreports' Mobile speed test shows

1506kbps with a 0.53s latency and 5.887sec download of a 1MB file...
  16. vasilator

vasilator Well-Known Member

I am absolutely shocked at the speeds of the TB. Updating/downloading apps. from the Market is flat out amazing.
  17. Wrathenn

Wrathenn Well-Known Member

In the Chattanooga, TN area speeds have definitely dropped off over the past month or so.
  18. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle New Member

All from same locations, different times...Thousand Oaks, CA. I know some of the speeds are somewhat average (I guess), but it always just seems so slow. Maybe I'm just used to WIFI and am expecting miracles.

03/31/11 94.84 Kbps download - 13090 Kbps upload
    03/19/11 709.55 Kbps download - 58732 Kbps upload
    03/17/11 922.79 Kbps download - 51775 Kbps upload
    02/06/11 702.48 Kbps download - 22388 Kbps upload
    02/05/11 299.94 Kbps download - 111397 Kbps upload
    02/05/11 2380.68 Kbps download - 111744 Kbps upload
    02/04/11 432.78 Kbps download - 36077 Kbps upload
    02/04/11 189.47 Kbps download - 166154 Kbps upload
  19. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

OMG...16600 Kbps (166Mbps) Upload?!?! AWESOME!
  20. quest7

quest7 Well-Known Member

Slow in Oklahoma city also. Thought it was something I did. Gonna try *228.
  21. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle New Member

Sorry, left out the decimal on that one...1661.54 kbps....if that wasn't obvious already.
  22. droidman1011

droidman1011 New Member

same here,might be where they are putting up more 4G areas
  23. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

well, to go along with that, here in central NJ i've been noticing shitty speed even worse as of late, compared to my earlier post. also, my weather widget is always saying current location in certain parts of town, and when i do speed test, it finds my closest server as like kansas or something, compared to when it always used to pick red bank NJ. weird lol
  24. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Background:
    Had this phone since day 2 of release.

My D/L speed has been around 1.2 to 1.5 everytime I've checked...until recently. I've lost 1/2 to 3/4 of my speed and that's checking often and averaging against every large city server within several hundred miles.

Called VZW and they recommended I upgrade to a TB. "I've heard they're super fast b/c of the 4G". For the first time in 10 years, I'm thinking about leaving Verizon. I couldn't even open an email from home tonight without a connection error. I have rock solid coverage here and always have.
  25. boohyabob

boohyabob New Member

Utah, SLC .69 d/.32 u man what the crap... paying high rates for unlimited and getting sh1tty speeds and laggs out everytime you try to bring up a webpage, or anything you do on your phone (internet)

when most of the time 2 Mb down / 1 Mb up Verizon just cant keep up with the demand that its promising.