Verizon 4.0.4 update.General

1. I have rooted and unlocked Galaxy Nexus, but I run stock ICS. I know that Verizon already officially released 4.0.4 several weeks ago, but I have not get the notification yet.

Is it because I have rooted and unlocked phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

Verizon hasn't released the update yet...
  3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I think the operative word there is "handful."
  4. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Unless things have changed, rooting alone doesn't prevent OTA updates. Deleting preinstalled apps used to cause the updates to fail.

Lots of people with root would accept the OTA updates then complain they no longer had root access.
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I have already flashed the radios from that OTA, and the first day I was getting 4G where I previously wasn't. But now I am back to the same old story. So not sure what to think about the radio portion of the update, it could be an improvement, but YMMV will probably be a better statement.
  6. msaly

msaly Member

Just got off the phone with VZW tech. I was reporting random *22899 dialing. She put me on hold to contact Samsung for a solution. She came back and said Samsung told her this is one of several known issues that will be corrected with a software update "this month." She couldn't be more specific than that with timing. It sounded like Samsung knew more about the update timing than VZW though. Only a couple weeks left of this month... I'll believe it when I see it.
    Lucky Armpit likes this.
  7. wrecklass

wrecklass Well-Known Member

The fact that Samsung knows more about the update than a VZW phone rep is hardly surprising.
    scottwrightnc and Lucky Armpit like this.
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Not sure if it is any more reliable however.
  9. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

at this point any date that a Samsung or VZW rep gives you for an update should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
    dwilliam16 likes this.
  10. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

When it comes to VZW, it seems that copious amounts of salt are mandatory.
  11. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

I've heard "this month" more times that I can count.

I'm convinced that they are pointing to a calendar on their cubical wall that is opened to July or possibly August as they are saying it.
  12. Watson111505

Watson111505 JDUB VIP Member

I couldn't agree with you more......
  13. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

Actually a SALT MINE....[​IMG]
    dwilliam16 and jbdan like this.
  14. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

I get my update when I purchase the Gnex-2
    jbdan likes this.
  15. vanack

vanack Well-Known Member

Looking for an OTA update a few months after JB rolls out!
    jbdan likes this.
  16. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

Isn't the advantage of having a Nexus that the updates come directly from Google? Why is Samsung or Verizon even involved? BTW, I am already rooted and on 4.04 but my wife is still waiting.
  17. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

that is if you own a GSM nexus. The other advantage is the fact that it is not locked down.