[Verizon] 4.3 update verizon

Last Updated:

1. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Im aware that verizon is supposed to roll out the 4.3 update for the s4 this month... Thing is, im rooted and on the me7 firmware. I don't want to lose root or more importantly brick my phone(if that's even possible receiving this update while rooted).
    I guess my question is- how should i go about keeping root with this device?
    Actually, can i avoid this update altogether? 4.3 doesn't look all that great to me anyway...
    Thank you my friends

wtherrell likes this.
  2. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

I would avoid the update. I plan to wait for the 4.3 features to be included in the custom roms that I might use.
  3. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to set it up where i can block the update? As far as I know, apps like rootkeeper won't work with this device.
  4. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

There are two files you can freeze with TiB and you won't get it. I don't recall what they are but search around on here and on XDA, it shouldn't be to hard to find a thread talking about it.
  5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Thanks but a link to this write up or posting would be great itz a lot on xda and here . But thanks .
  6. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

7. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Um sorry... But thank you for your time sireagle
  8. beowulf7

beowulf7 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, once VZW releases their official Android 4.3, the XDA folks will make a rooted version of it available for us. :)
  9. jake99x3

jake99x3 Member

Update is already out. I'm running it and I have rooted it with saferoot and installed safestrap. You should be good to go.
  10. jake99x3

jake99x3 Member

Attached Files: