Verizon Accessories Vs. Other companiesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. DPayne216

DPayne216 Active Member This Topic's Starter

When I ordered my Incredible at a Verizon store I went ahead and bought the plastic body glove case, their universal micro usb car charger, and their anti glare screen protectors. It was quite pricey, but worth protecting my phone. Was it worth buying those accessories from Verizon, or should I take them back and buy different ones from other companies? I have heard great things about the innocase, but is it that much better than the body glove?

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

It all depents. I use their power cords solely, but I find Steinheil to be a better screen saver.

3. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

I bought the Body Glove case initially. Hated it. I also found Best Buy had it $5 cheaper. The main problem I had with it was that it is SO bulky that it makes it very difficult to hit the keys that are on the edges of the screen. I returned it and bought an Innocase, which I am MUCH happier with.

I also initially bought Verizon's screen protectors. They SUCK because they don't cover the whole face of the phone. I bought Seido ultimates but I haven't put one on yet.

For a charger, any decent micro USB charger with a 1amp output is fine. I bought a Scosche Power Plug Pro (check eBay, it's way cheaper) and I can use it to charge my Incredible, my wife's Blackberry, or an iPod... You just need the right charging cable.

4. DPayne216

DPayne216 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I thought about getting the Steinheil protectors. I saw on another forum a poll about screen protectors. The Steinheil was in the lead by a long shot.

The car charger has been the hard part. I like Verizons, but it seems I could find something with similar or better specs on the internet for half the price. Not many chargers show what amperage they are. A lot of them are usb, which is fine, but I heard you might only get half and amp while charging.

5. CyHawk

CyHawk Well-Known Member

I bought the Innocase and their screen protectors. I love the case! But the screen protector was scratched after the second day, total bummer!