[Verizon] Add Apps to MultiView (root required)

Last Updated:

1. roy5000x2

roy5000x2 Well-Known Member

Another great breakthrough from the developers over at XDA!
    I highly recommend that you browse through the rest of their development section to see other projects going on. I'm just picking and choosing what I post here.

Please read through the first post carefully.
    If you bootloop DON'T PANIC.

Try a battery pull first, then flash back to stock if that fails.

If you want to use Netflix, make sure to check the link near the bottom of the linked post on how to prevent it from pausing in multiview.

BetaMan and nsa_sailor like this.
  2. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

I'm glad us VZW boys are getting support.
    ALso, the S3 hack to get rid of the persistent wifi notice in the pull down notification bar worked for me. The reminder is now gone.
  3. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Well-Known Member

So how do you mount your system as read/write?

4. roy5000x2

roy5000x2 Well-Known Member

Using a file browsing app such as root explorer or ES File Explorer, you can use your root privileges to mount a folder or file as r/w instead of r/o.
    nsa_sailor likes this.
  5. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

I did this after seeing it on XDA myself. It works great. It rebooted (as expected from the post) after I pasted in the services.odex, but it didn't bootloop or anything. It simply did one reboot and came back into Android. Then I deleted that "com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService" folder and rebooted again. Works perfectly with all the apps I've tried so far.

If it's that easy, why didn't Samsung enable this to begin with? I'm sure it's due to stability/compatibility reasons with most apps, but I've tried a bunch of mine and they work perfectly, resizing and all.
  6. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Well-Known Member

How did you copy & replace the files? Place them on your phone, then use ES File Explorer to move them? Or do you connect the phone to your computer and move them? If you connect to the computer to move, what do you use to do that?
  7. galpdawg

galpdawg Well-Known Member

download the files right to your phone. use a file explorer app liek es or rootexplorer to move files and replace with the original. this made the note a lot better. such a great feature, true multitasking
    nsa_sailor likes this.
  8. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I've had my VZW Note 2 since Dec. 21st and used the app from Google Play to root. Worked like a charm. Then I applied the fix to make multiview work with ANY app and it too worked like a charm. Then I got STUPID and tried to load a custom bootloader and "bricked" my phone. I downloaded Odin and a stock ROM image and fixed my phone (returned it to stock) but the 1-click method wouldn't work any longer. I had to download a pre-rooted odin file. Afterwards, I tried to apply the multiview fix and it bricked my phone again. I had to run Odin again and put the pre-rooted ROM back on the phone again. So I DO have root, but I can't get the multiview to work AND I can't load a unlocked bootloader either.