• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Allowed me to Trade my Eris for a Different Phone!

Sorry...explanation sure helps.

I am having the issue in which my phone is scrolling to the left when plugged in and slowly beginning to do the same when unplugged. It is a common issue on here, and there is no fix other than to have the phone replaced. When it is replaced, I will get bootloader 1.49 S-On, thus losing the ability to root my phone. :(

Sounds like you have the loose USB port also. My first Eris had the same problem. You could literally put something on the USB port and wiggle it and the screen would move. The fact the USB port is right under the trackball is why this is such a problem.

If HTC would have had a greater quality control on the Eris, and Verizon actually supported it, this would be a top selling phone.

Upvote 0
to anyone:

ohmaigah. i realized i don't have insurance on my phone. am i screwed? am i unable to call for a refurb or upgrade?
If you don't have insurance, it just means you can't get a replacement if it broke some way outside of the warranty (water damage, abuse, rogue sledgehammer, etc). If you get the trackball problem, or anything else that is a result of something that is obviously a manufacturing defect and not your fault, your eligible for a replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones