Verizon and their Gimping.General

1. techobsessive

techobsessive Well-Known Member

How do you think verizon will gimp this? I mean, its verizon, they WILL FIND A WAY to gimp it.:mad:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Regardless of what Verizon thinks they'll be able to do to it, the Android community will have it fixed in a matter of weeks. At best they'll be able to restrict what happens on their network, but the phone is up for grabs.
  3. techobsessive

Yes, but i dont want to have to root my phone in the first month because its to slow. I want a custom rom for when Its a yeear or so older and feeling laggy.

So i want some decent specs on this thing.
  4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I think you will have to wait a year to two before phones hit the world that dont get laggy fast. So those coming out soon ... I would not expect them to not be laggy after a good months used and apps D/L ...
  5. techobsessive

True. But i dont want verizon to find a way to mess this up. Im wondering if this is going to be one of the cheaper android handsets like the Click/Tatoo. I reaallllly hope not. I want a hero quality build, and a Real QWERTY. Thats on my wish list.
  6. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Member

I'm not sure they're going to cripple it in any way. The trend with Verizon lately has been to leave features open, and even open up things they had gimped previously, such as GPS capability on the Storm.
  7. ahampton2k

ahampton2k Member

I have a storm and can do whatever I want with it no problems. Don't think verizon really locks the smartphones down like they used to.