Verizon anti-glare screen protectors?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. bersh

bersh Member This Topic's Starter

When I got my phone I also purchased the car charger and a 3 pack of the anti-glare screen protectors and got 20% off for getting two accessories. So far I've been very pleased with the protector - does cut glare considerably and seems to protect the screen well (dropped it yesterday with no effect to screen).

The question I have is why is it that I keep seeing references to these expensive afternarket screen protectors, but don't see too many references to the ones you can get at the Verizon store? I think mine were around $11 for the 3 of them. Are the aftermarket protectors that much better?

Advertisement
  2. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Yes they are. I could not stand that the ones from VZ did not cover the whole face. I got the Steinheil and it is great. Covers all but about a mm of the face and is crystal clear. Yes there is some reflection from them but my screen looks natural.

3. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

I too bought the anti glare ones but I dont like the way they feel. Also it makes the white on the screen look funny. I had a skinomi skin tech on my incredible and I loved it, I'll probably be ordering that in a few days.

4. ssvegeta184

ssvegeta184 Member

I guess it's a hit or miss with these. I purchased them and so far am pleased.

5. Charlie81

Charlie81 Well-Known Member

I like them...nothing wrong with them

6. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

I think they feel a little weird and distort the screen a little but I'm stuck with them for now.

7. B1llK

B1llK Active Member

Until you actually move from the stock VZW anti glares to a better brand (Like the SGPstore Steinheil Crystal for example) - you simply won't realize just how badly the VZW ones suck.

I came from an iPhone with a Power Support Anti-Glare screen guard and I knew immediately how bad the stock VZW ones sucked on the X - but the Steinheils weren't out yet so I sucked it up and dealt with it for a few days. As soon as the the Steinheils were out - I bought em (they come in a 2pack) and put em on my wife's and my X's. There's just no comparison to the ones VZW sells - you'll be amazed - trust me.

8. MD249

MD249 Member

It does make the screen a little weird but I like mine just because it allows my finger to slide across the screen much smoother than it would normally or with other screen protectors.

9. Zeekster

Zeekster Member

i purchased the verizon ones and I think they're fine..not having any problems with them..and they are pretty smooth...i wasn't aware of other brands when i bought them, but these will work just fine for now...

10. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Anyone who purchases the "Anti-Glare" (I use that term loosely, considering they tend to add more glare/gloss to your screen) protectors is not only doing themselves a disservice, but wasting money.

There are several other better, and CHEAPER options for protectors out there.