• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon backpedaling begins on the X

Is there anyway to talk to a live rep on the VZW website? I've tried to get it to load, but it just doesn't want to shop up. I want to ask them if they can check my order status.

I wouldn't waste your time with live reps. I've spoken to many leading up to the release of the X, and from what I gather, they are only there to assist you with setting up new orders, plan discussion, etc.

Just call and speak to a rep.

Upvote 0
I'd say they made this worse than the Incredible launch. I don't remember their being a problem with phones not getting delivered on time at the release. Some were actually getting them before they were suppose to. The delays started about a week after release IIRC...

How difficult is it to program their ordering system to setup shipping schedules based on time the order was placed? Their system is so random in who it was available to, and now who gets a tracking number. This next day shipping rumor better be right, or I'll be pretty upset that my opting to pay for the next day shipping option won't get me a phone any faster than those that didn't...

Aren't you jumping the gun a little early? At least wait until after 9:00pm which is when FedEx makes their last pick up from VW warehouses. ( i think a CSR told me that once)

Now if it doesn't get shipped you can probably get a free case or something out'em:D

Upvote 0
I spoke with a CSR on the phone, and she said that after the orders come in, they go to a processor (a person) and that your order process just depends on this processor (i.e. some are faster than others).

I have no idea whether or not this is true, just take it for what it is: CSR crap.

I would be pretty ticked if my phone wasn't shipped out today.

BTW: don't bother calling 611 or anyone else. They won't do anything for you.

Also: Please be reminded that people live in different time zones, so posting a time without your time zone doesn't indicate much and is likely to lead to confusion.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine over the phone this morning 7-15, at 8:45am, and just received a tracking number from fed-ex. It's shipping from Ontario, CA and said est arrival date July 19th.I'm located in Iowa. On the tracking website it says Fed-ex 2day service. I asked the CSR that it was free overnight and she confirmed.

I just really hope that it does come tomorrow as stated.

When I ordered my Droid Inc it came from Memphis. So I dunno.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine at 12:03am. Received an email an hour later saying it was being processed, call back tomorrow. It has said that all day until 10 minutes ago when it changed to "your order has been shipped" with the tracking number.

I've called CS a few times today and they've said all along, your order has been processed, it's just waiting to ship.

So, there is hope for you guys who have that lousy "it's being processed, call back tomorrow" screen.

Having said that, as a 17 year customer, verizon has d!cked me around the past 2 months, what with a month long wait for an htc incredible, only to arrive doa, having to wait another month for a replacement only to cancel and order the dx at 12am using random zipcodes. Get it together verizon!!

Anyway, /rant, DX on the way, can't wait. Good luck everybody. :)

Upvote 0
This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't just go through this delivery mess with them over the Incredible. Pushed back shipping dates and half truths by the boobs that answer their phones. Now I am back on the "don't know when you will get the phone but we just know it's not tomorrow".

I would feel better if they just said:

"we have this phone that is really cool..we know when we would like to launch it but we have no idea if or when you will ever get it. We might be looking at screen issues, FedEx delivery problems or maybe the people who work here just suck the big wazoo..in any event, ordering this phone will be an effort in futility, followed by an endless stream of finger pointing and just plain lies about where the hell it is. Now Sir, can I put you down for one?"

At least I would know what i was getting into rather than assuming they got their act togather after the last big "Goat Screw" they pulled off!!!!

Upvote 0
I ordered mine over the phone this morning 7-15, at 8:45am, and just received a tracking number from fed-ex. It's shipping from Ontario, CA and said est arrival date July 19th.I'm located in Iowa.

Well, that doesn't bode well for me. I'm in Iowa too and haven't even received my tracking # yet. I ordered online last night as soon as it was available.

Upvote 0
my dad is getting the X(i converted him to android) and i wanted to stay with my droid and so I told him about the early upgrade promo. He had to fight with 2 different reps to get the phone. They didn't believe him until the 2nd rep asked the supervisor and then came back and said "Ok. We will send you your phone." Does Verizon actually tell these people anything?

Upvote 0
i can understand that you guys are disappointed with the possibility of not getting it tomorrow....but surely you had to know there was a chance of this happening by ordering on line before you placed the order........i'm just sayin

It sucks if the people who ordered online don't get their phone tomorrow - totally not fair. But I completely agree. I was up at 12:30 watching people post that they were able to order and I thought what if it doesn't come, I'd be pissed! That's why I woke my ass up at 5:30 to get one in person:D

Upvote 0
ordered online at 8am this morning after csr changed my upgrade date to today, w/o me asking (i think so she didn't have to bother with over the phone order) also i was told my account couldn't have the date moved up, two weeks ago, they really just aren't together on anything...
moral of the story is, i had same processing notice until 12:45pm, got shipping confirmation email, and tracking says its in Pennsylvania on way to buffalo!!!!

Upvote 0
Wow, that really sucks about the phone orders!

I was a little concerned this morning when my gf and I went to our local VZW store. There were 9 people lined up but we were told that they had 40...yay!! But then we were told that only NEW contracts would be allowed to get a Droid X....BOO!!

My gf had a Droid that was under her 30 days to return....the manager told us she couldn't do that here and no stores in the area would offer her anything but to order it online at the store which would get it to her by Saturday. We went inside and waited in line. I asked the manager (which looked EXACTLY like an ultra gay Neil Patrick Harris [yes I know Neil is gay]....not that there's anything wrong with that but it was funny....he had a purple shirt on) if they were a corporate owned store or not. He said they were. I then asked if the store 5 minutes from here was corporate owned. He hesitantly told me that it was

I grabbed my phone and called the other store. He said they had 15 left and that I COULD trade in the Droid that is under 30 days. I immediately asked the manager if we could cancel our order here because I am driving there. He called the manager at that store and once he was told they would take care of us, he honored it at his store.

So we walked away with a Droid X and then went to BB to get mine. We both love them and have been playing with our new toys all afternoon. Just had to share in case the story helps at all but also thank you guys for all of the knowledge you passed on to me in this forum. My gf now appreciates that I research the hell out of stuff and know how to get my way :D

Upvote 0
(Ducking for cover!)

I called in around 1:30 and canceled my orders for the Dinc. I was told I'd have to wait for cancellation confirmation to place a new order. Called back at 3:00 and they got it to show canceled. I was able to order one online, and the other through CS. Received tracking info for phone #1 at 5:00 p.m. Just called about #2 and was told none was available at this time, but they'd text me later this evening with it.

At least phone #1 is my phone! LOL!

Upvote 0
UPDATE:

Went to bed last night and my staus on the Verizon website showed that my order was processed and my credit card was now charged.

This morning, I looked up my account status and it shows :shipped with a FedEx tracking number and it will be here by 3 today, I NEVER received an email. Keep in mind the CSR told me there was NO way on Earth it would be here today, just wasn't going to happen.

Moral to the story: Believe only 1/10th of what you hear from verizon CSR and 100% of what you actually see with you own eyes.

Phew, I had resigned myself to a next week delivery and now it will be here before dinner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones