Verizon Backup AssistantSupport

Last Updated:

1. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks,

Wondering if you could help me out here. I'm a noob with rooting and Titanium backup so wanted to throw that out to you all.

Anyway, I was messing with freezing stuff in Titanium backup, and I wanted to freeze the VZW Backup Assistant. It worked, but in the process when I rebooted the phone, all of my contacts were gone. :(

Now in Titanium, there are two versions appearing. 1.0 and 2.2. (I froze both). When I defrosted them and rebooted the phone, the backup app came back. When I tried to sync (thinking it will pull whatever I had in my Verizon account, it did not). I guess it just syncs what you have on the phone vs. pulling down when you have online.

Anyway, just logged into my VZW account and all my contacts are indeed gone.

Now, is there something hidden somewhere in the phone where I can get them back? A file or something?

If not then...

I have my Droid Incredible (not activated at the moment) with all of my contacts. Is there a file or way to export that data from my Incredible and import it back into my X?

If you need any more questions answered please let me know. Worst case scenario is I have to manually add them all back. I chalk it up as a learning experience.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. Trooper

Any help?

3. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

I'm sure somebody knows this better than me. Anyway, what apps do you have on your incredible? Do you have something that can export the contacts to a .csv file? Something like quick office? You CAN probably take both phones into a verizon store and I think they could transfer the contacts. It could be a hassle though, but it might be worth it to get your contacts on your X. You could also temorarily activate your incredible, do back assistant then activate your X then do back up assistant again.

just some thoughts...hope that helps some.

Jayme

Trooper likes this.
  4. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

well it all depends on if you did a back up of the contacts.. with Titanium.. i thought your VZ contacts were stored on there site. there will only be in a folder if you did a back up with Titanium. as far as getting contacts of the Dinc. you could stick your SDcard in the inc, save contacts then import them on the X..and on a side note. once you have your phone the way you like it, do a complete backup with Titanium, just in-case.

Trooper likes this.
  5. Trooper

Just wanted to say thanks!

In the end, I just did an export from the Incredible and import back to my X. Worked flawlessly. I can't believe I did not think of this myself!

Cheers to you both!