Verizon: Bing Not on ALL Future Handsets, Google Voice Search Available With Android 2.2

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

There’s hope yet! Verizon’s caught wind of all of the commentary going around the blogosphere (from writers and readers alike) regarding Bing on their Android devices. Namely, the Samsung Fascinate was launched with Bing preloaded as the default search engine with no apparent way to change it. I can vouch for others’ professed difficulty in [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. ntice

ntice Member

download dolphin, then download 'google services'. Put the google services icon on your home screen and all the google stuff is there, search, eail, maps google voice, news etc etc etc..
    also when I used google maps it didn't prompt me at all for Verizon navigator. hope this helps..

3. William40

William40 New Member

I have hooked myself with a new samsung android phone and I hope that it will work with this plugin you have shared.

4. ntice

ntice Member

yes just make sure you download dolphin browser (free) and search for google services. I put the google services shortcut on my home screen and I'm good to go. However it won't work unless dolphin is installed (you don't need to use it as your default browser but the browser is pretty nice) Good luck!