[Verizon] cannot flush JRO030

Last Updated:

1. I am trying to flash new JB JRO030 on to Verizon Galaxy Nexus but have issues. I am using stock ISC 4.0.4 build number IMM76K. As far as I understand the instructions, I do not need to do anything special to flash my phone with that build since I already have stock IMM76K (Download: Jelly Bean (JRO03O) Update for Verizon Galaxy Nexus – Droid Life). I am using ClockworkMod Recovery and get the assert failed error.

See the attached image for the full error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

You must completely wipe all data, cache, system and dalvik cache. You misread the instructions. Not doing anything special referred to another process.

3. I did Wipe data / Factory reset and then Wipe Cache Partition and got the same error. See attached. I also tried flashing directly from ROM Manager, where I selected Install Rom from SD card, selected the zip file and checked to Wipe data and Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache

By the way this is not my first flash. I used to flash my original droid with different Roms and stock builds.

I think the issue with something else.

Attached Files:

4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

did you check the MD5? While rare it is possibly to get a corrupted download.

I'm not a expert but coming at the beginning like that, it almost looks like the rom is failing a integrity check...

try downloading it again.
  5. I found the problem. I have ICS 4.0.4 build IMM76K and needed IMM76Q. Once I flashed to Q I was able to flash the phone with JB.

thanks for all your help.