[Verizon] cant install OTA update

Last Updated: 2012-07-09 22:16:59
  1. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

ok so the update came out the other week and it keeps asking me to install it but i can't. It goes to install it and it says "signature failed intall aborted

now i am rooted and unlocked and i am running CWM 8.0.2 and nova launcher. is it the CWM8.0.2 thats not letting me do it

Advertisement
  2. beefamato

beefamato Member

I had a similar problem. I was unlocked and rooted, but otherwise stock. After looking at the "install aborted" screen, I noticed that it was tripping up because it was looking for the "vzwbackupassistant.apk" that I deleted when I first rooted. If you did that, then you need to reinstall it in recovery mode.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey Lohung, yeah, it's CWM that's causing the problem. You need stock recovery to accept an OTA. You could just flash a stock IMM76K build and get the same result, that's what I did.

PS I moved this to the All Things Root section. Thanks for understanding. :)
    trophynuts likes this.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

plus one to flashing the pre rooted build. I did the same.
  5. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

anyone know where i can get the pre rooted build from
  6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Lohung and trophynuts like this.
  7. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

9. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

heres the thing i dont want to flash them separately.. i am totally new to all this rooting and i would like to take the least amount of "new steps" as possible ATM.. thats why i would like to the 4.0.2 stock.. then let my phone update.. instead of flashing several things which i wouldnt know if i was flashing the right thing or not so can someone either link me the stock one for 4.2
  10. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

If you want to stay rooted you pretty much have to flash two separate zips. No roms include firmware. Which is why you have to flash the firmware separate.

If you really want to go through it the stock normal way. I recommend restoring your device to stock and relocking the bootloader.
    Lohung likes this.
  11. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

thanks i did that... installed update and now i am trying to re-root. iread somewhere there is a feature that keeps kicking back the original recovery and i need to delete or rename it.. but i cant find a "file explorer" that will let me do this.. anyone know anything?
  12. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I do ;) :p :) :D.

I already directed Lohung to my Android Root Toolkit app which has a "make recovery stick" option / feature.

Also, this post details how to do this manually:

http://androidforums.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-all-things-root/474570-how-all-things-root-samsung-galaxy-nexus.html#post3736600

Cheers!
    trophynuts likes this.