Verizon Completely Unprepaired For The X Wave

Last Updated:

1. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Verizon Completely Unprepaired For The X Wave

Not enough stock for Sales and Apprently no stock for replacing defective phones

They have completely dropped the ball now they are saying 8-11 for shipping for new orders

I order a replacement for my defective X on 27th billed my account have order number but no other info and if you call they start dancing around and say should ship by 4th apparently Motorola has as bad logistics as HTC.

Sorry just needed to vent

Advertisement
    Benzo likes this.
  2. DroidEye22

DroidEye22 Well-Known Member

I know its BS i went to the corporate Verizon store today wanting to order a Droid X but the verizon salesman told me they would ship by 8/11 and i said forget it.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Feel free. I have broad shoulders. ;)

Sorry about your trouble. I feel guilty that I'm having so much fun with my DX, now. :)

4. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member

+1

aleis likes this.
  5. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me yesterday. The rep was freaking asking me what accessories I wanted and then came out with the it will be here by the 5th:(:mad:

6. sejarrell

sejarrell New Member

Just make sure you're "prepared" to use spell check when you do get your X.

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

8. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member

I ordered last thursday and had got it yesterday later. So I dont know what this thread it about.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  9. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

i got mine when they said i would get it but i do know people that are still waiting on it..

10. t4ckleb0x

t4ckleb0x Well-Known Member

Thats why I was 5th in line at the store the 15th. I went through that with the incredible (still waiting around for my money back on that) and I didn't want to get stuck waiting more.

Foolish Mortal likes this.
  11. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I was in a T-Mobile store tonight looking at the Samsung Fascinate WOW what a nice screen! I can see quite a few people going to the Verizon version when it gets released. And yes Verizon needs to get their act toghether with these phone backorders it's starting to piss a lot of people off.

12. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:OMG 8 to 11 days. You guys obviously don't remember the days when ordering online took 7 to 10 business days. I'm sorry, but I just don't understand all the complaining about this phone taking so long to ship. What a bunch of spoiled brats.:rolleyes:

curtisdr and mxsjw like this.
  13. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

+1

14. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

I just bought another Droid 2 days ago. This time for my wife. Waltz right into Best Buy in Portland and they had one in stock.

15. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Tell that to the iSheep they still can not get a device.
    And I hate that they have to do this but if a carrier does not sell out of a device then they get 0 press. Look at AT&T with the captive, a solid android hanset and they have gotten no press because you can walk into a store and buy one. But the iPhone is still getting press for being sold out at times.
    But they have a much harder time than those at apple. There has been such a run of good quality handsets that they can not predict how many will sell. And sitting on inventory is not a good thing either.

16. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

So... because they made as many as they could, and still are. It still isn't good enough for you guys???

17. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

That is why I pre ordered at best buy, 10 am on release day I had 2 of them. Needed one replaced a week later and Best buy had 4 in stock. Customer service is also so much better a best buy than verizon.

18. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

I love my Droid-X. It consistently impresses me and was worth any trouble I had to obtain it.

19. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It suprised me that little or no inventory set aside for replacement of defective devices.

The devices is superb but mine has the charging issue where it is hit or miss if it will charge

everything else work perfect

20. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

which way do you want it? You want the phone the next day after you order it? Or do you want to wait a few more days because they have dozens of phones sitting at the warehouse, but they can't ship them to you because they are "set aside" for replacements only.

21. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

Its not exactly Verizon's fault... Its not like we have a warehouse FULL of Droid X's and want to tick people off or run up the cost (Supply vs demand). Motorola can only send us so many at a time. Verizon knew it was going to be popular but Motorola doesn't produce on the same mass scale which is why some stores only got 4-8 X's.

22. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

The only thing that bothers me is that they said there wouldn't be any shortages like the Incredible, they were prepared this time.

23. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Yet from reports I have read they sold over 300K units. That does sound prepared. They just got hit harder than they thought they would. But I agree about them saying there would not be shortages. I had to buy my phone while on vacation in order to guarentee getting them for the wife and I. Lucky Costco still only charges tax on the purchase price not the full price. So it only cost me $36 more for both.

24. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

If there is any possible truth to the rumor mill this issue falls squarely on the shoulders of Motorola... not Verizon!

Last I heard was that Motorola was busy correcting screen problems on the DX... and during that period they weren't shipping product. If this is true then you might want to consider moving that dropping ball to the company responsible for the delays.

25. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Supply and demand, my friends. Supply and demand.