1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Verizon contract to pre-paid

1. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

hey guys you might know the answer i don't can you take a contract phone (4g lte) and put it on a prepaid plan? any insight would be very much appreciated :)

Advertisement
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I don't think they have authorized any 4G phones on prepaid YET.
  3. timelord65

timelord65 Well-Known Member

Yes but it has to be the stratosphere. You can't use the droid inc 4g or say the galaxy s3 :(
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Are you sure about that? I don't see the Stratosphere on the list. Samsung Illusion is on there, looks like the Strat, are you possible mixing up the two?
  5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

You can't use any 4G phone at all on pre-pay, only 3G. As long as the phone is not on contract and is only 3G it can be activated on pre-pay.
    I recently inquired about this and that's what I was told by a store rep and online chat. Just out of contract 3G phones for pre-pay.
    StarScream2109 likes this.
  6. StarScream2109

:( depressing thanks guys
  7. groat04

groat04 Member

Depending on your needs, you might want to try and take over someones contract that's short term. I don't think you have to pay an activation fee if you do that and you could keep the 4g lte
  8. StarScream2109

Wish I could find someone haha :(
  9. groat04

groat04 Member

I am using the websit below to try and transfer one line from my verizon family plan so I don't have to pay an early termination fee. You may find a plan that work for you.

http://www.CellSwapper.com
    StarScream2109 likes this.