Verizon countdown timer on website?General

Last Updated:

1. senditoverhere

senditoverhere Member This Topic's Starter

Verizon has a countdown timer on it's site for when their buy one get one free smart phone offer ends. This timer stops April 1st. Does anyone else think this timer is a subtle way to countdown to the introduction of some new phones as well? Possibly HTC Incredible???

Advertisement
  2. hornyhippo

hornyhippo Well-Known Member

looks like most of the smartphones are "buy one get one free" yes it seems they are clearing out their inventory for new phones. i guess i can wait 6 days.

3. Bill

Bill Well-Known Member

I am hopeful but I have my doubts. I would think that making an announcement at CITA would have been the time to do it, unless they want the publicity to themselves.

4. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

Apparently, verizon only announces things with the network though. They always just bring out the phone, again from what I have heard on here. They did it with the Devour, at least I didn't see anything about it coming ahead of time.

5. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

They've been running BOGOs and re-running BOGOs and re-running BOGOs for as long as I can remember (and I've been on the prowl for a new phone since last August). As far as I'm concerned, it's a countdown timer to the end of the BOGO deal and the begining of the next BOGO deal. Expect more of the same for as long as you can imagine. There is absolutely nothing to take from when these deals end.

wonderbread likes this.
  6. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but considering it costs $30 more for each line with a smartphone, I think the buy one get one is to hook in a wife or kid that wouldn't have gotten one for the extra $30 a month.

7. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

There is one thing to take from it. It's un-bloody-likely for Verizon to launch a new phone during a BOGO promotion which encompasses all "smartphones."