Verizon CSR wants a Droid X

Last Updated:

1. bpman

bpman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What a roller coaster this has been. Wanted the Incredible to be my first "Smartphone"..ordered one from Verizon..got the delivery date pushed farther back until I just cancelled it and decided to go with the Droid X.

My fiance just had her 5th LG Dare shit the bed and she is due for an upgrade so she called Verizion to get a replacement Dare until Thursday and then get the Droid X. They shipped out a replacement today and said she can upgrade this week to the X. She asked ther CSR if she should get the Incredible or the Droid X and he said that he was originally going to get the Incredible but is now getting an "X" for himself because word around Verizon is that the new Droid is totally unlike anything they have put out before and the upcoming OS upgades will make this phone unbelievable.

For all the nonsense with the Inredible and the spotty CSR info coming out about release date and such...it was cool to hear an insider talk about how awesome this phone is...I am now officially DOUBLE stoked to get this device!!!!

Now if someone could tell me how to get the unlimited data plan for $29.95 through the Verizon website (I have a cruddy LG Chocolate now that has no data plan)..I would be most grateful...all they have is 2GB plans for $39.95, I don't see the unlimited data plan anywhere. I don't want to order the Droid X without the data plan in place.

Advertisement
  2. Bonez

Bonez Well-Known Member

Once you order your X online, it will automatically add the $29.99 plan. It may ask you if you want the $29.99 plan or the more expensive Exchange server plan, but rest assured it will automatically add the data plan for you.

3. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

I think simply activating the phone would put the data plan.
    You cannot activate and use the phone without a data plan, it is simply not possible anymore (maybe a few tricks but none so useful).

4. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Really? All you have to do is activate the phone, and it automatically upgrades your plan?
    I have a $10 voice only line on a family plan. So if I go into a Verizon store on Thursday to buy the X, they can upgrade my line that easily? I am not the account holder... My dad is, and he will not be with me when I get my X. Does anyone know if this will make it any more difficult to upgrade?

5. urdaddi

urdaddi Well-Known Member

You need to be an authorized agent on the account, and you will need to have the last four digits of the account holders social security as well as the account passcode.

6. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

What exactly do you mean by "authorized agent on the account"? Does my dad need to give me authorization on his Verizon account to make changes?

7. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

yep yep

im 17 so my dad has it on the account that i can do whatever i need to on the account

you dont need the social(but get it to be sure)

but all they ask for when i go to the store and call verizon is the passcode

8. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

OK thanks! I'm still trying to get my dad to make me an authorized account holder but he's not going for that idea. I'm not sure what I'm going to do since he's not gonna be around when I purchase the phone, but I still have some time to convince him.

9. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

your welcome hon

tell him "LOOK, I WANT THIS DAMN PHONE AND YOU"RE GOING TO HELP ME GET IT OR THERE WILL BE REPERCUSSIONS, MAN!!!''

lol no seriously

just compromise

dad put me on the account for the day and then remove me from the account

or option C

if he doesn't go for B
    tell him to have verizon add some notations on the count that shows what you want to do

10. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

Yeah just ask him to change the passcode temporary , give it to you , then change it back.
    Dayam you kids are lucky getting smartphones in hs. If I had kids, they wil not have a smartphone unless they pay for it themselves.

11. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

lets hope what they say is true that this is like nothing before it and the updates will follow through and not take forever lol

12. JRunSW20

JRunSW20 Well-Known Member

Well I'm a VZW CSR as well, and I can say it's really a nice phone. It's unfortunate that the X has an encrypted bootloader, and I know the ROM community doesn't like that.. The screen size is amazing, pictures are nice, and watching videos on it is really nice. It's definitely fast already with just 2.1, can't wait to see it with 2.2 OS. I just ordered my X as my business line :)